• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Disagreeing with the mrs on the right time to plant

Its now mid November , and I've just got some naga seeds from the USA. I wanna plant them, the Mrs says it's the wrong time and I should wait until
Jan.
They're indoor plants ! How is a seed to know what time of year it is if it's grown indoors ?

Who's right me or her ????

( No I'm not hen pecked...I wear the trouser in this house. ( I hope she doesn't see this )....lol )

Its now mid November , and I've just got some naga seeds from the USA. I wanna plant them, the Mrs says it's the wrong time and I should wait until
Jan.
They're indoor plants ! How is a seed to know what time of year it is if it's grown indoors ?

If it will stay indoors then I don't see why you can't get started ASAP. Just make sure you have plenty of light for them.

Hell yeah, I'll go and rub her nose in it !!!
dancingpepper.gif
dancingpepper.gif
dancingpepper.gif

she is right
she is right
she is right about waiting until january :crazy:

now set those seeds aside like you were told

then try to find some other seeds and plant those now without asking her
if you do not get her opinion you can do some "experimental" plantings
just to find out "if" it will work better planting in november or january

you are right about the seeds not having a calendar
but do not rub her nose into anything

please make the experiments to find out the "hard" way
if she watches "with" you it may be you are both 'correct'

fyi, my wifey knows i am always going to try some "unconventional experimentation"
and will sometimes go along for the "ride"

as long as yo have the right "tools" to grow them inside, there is not an issue with planting them now...right tools meaning, light and controlled environment

as long as yo have the right "tools" to grow them inside, there is not an issue with planting them now...right tools meaning, light and controlled environment

+1

Light being a big factor indoors. Peppers don't grow easily indoors like your average houseplant. A very bright window may do the trick for you but even so, problem with this time of year the sunshine doesn't come out too much, even when it does its only light out for 8-9 hrs a day.. get yourself some artificial light and you'll be set like cement!

Goodluck

Why not have a friendly competition with her? If at any time her plants look better apply weed killer! :D

If your using window light only, then she's got a point, Summer Solstice begins on around June 20th, Winter Solstice starts December 21st, so if you plant around the 1st of the year then you can "ride the train" with your growing since everyday you gain light, although if you have grow lights then,...... GO for it NOW Man, what are you waiting for.!.... ....... :lol:

Hey sidewinder,
I have some relatives in Chelmsford, Essex......How far are you from there?

Greg

+1 to AJ. It totally depends upon the amount of heat and light you have available. If you start them now and give them lots of warmth and light, they'll get big enough to start putting out pods in the Spring, while it's still chilly. If you start them now and don't give them lots of warmth and light, they'll grow slower, and will still be small in the Spring. Some factors for you to consider include how big you want them to get before it's time to take them outside, and thus, how much room you have for them, as well as how much attention they're going to need compared to how much time you have to give it.

nitwit, that was funny. I actually do plant stuff as "an experiment" I have planted peppers at various times throughout the year in homemade greenhouse like things (2L pop bottles, upside down jars etc) and leave them in a window that gets a lot of light. I am currently in the grow challenge and a about to plant some devils tongue sent to me from spongey600. Go with nitwits plan. :lol:

Stuff her and her daft ideas. I know what's best around here. They get planted tomorrow along with the other exotic seeds I have

She went crazy last year when I ordered 1000 bamboo seeds from Thailand. We've got bamboo growing everywhere now....lol Upstairs , downstairs, in the garden, the bathroom. bedrooms, ha ha
I do it to wind her up.
hell.gif

P.S I'm using normal day light so the seeds will have to live with that

If your using window light only, then she's got a point, Summer Solstice begins on around June 20th, Winter Solstice starts December 21st, so if you plant around the 1st of the year then you can "ride the train" with your growing since everyday you gain light, although if you have grow lights then,...... GO for it NOW Man, what are you waiting for.!.... ....... :lol:

Hey sidewinder,
I have some relatives in Chelmsford, Essex......How far are you from there?

Greg

VERY close.. I live on the London Essex border

Back