Pink Seeds of the Korean Royal Instructor Chilli and others

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69948603@N03/

Haven't grown them meself- this will be the first of a few I hope from Korea. Had a few orders already. Just thought I'd stick a few pics up as I'm new here. Haven't got a picci of final product sorry.

For $10:- I am sending (20seeds) from Korea and these seeds aren't common, or that cheap.

Hello,

Why are the seeds dyed?
Asking so I can understand the product that is being offered better.

That's how I got them- I can't say, cos I just bought them for sharing, selling or swapping.They might be dyed, this is Korea!I hope you understand that I'm only showing what I have got now. When they're and grown and I get others, I'll do more stuff.I guess, it's not easy to get people interested in first timers.I'm not gonna put up fake pictures of a chilli I have not grown yet. I've eaten Korean chillies and they're great.I prefer the nuclear 7 pots, habs ,etc.

http://skryfblok.blogspot.com/2009/10/traditional-korean-food-market.html

this blog gives you a similar chili

A local commercial seed company sells seeds just like that. Those seeds are treated with fungicide if I'm not mistaken. I've seen orange, green, blue and purple treated seeds also.

A local commercial seed company sells seeds just like that. Those seeds are treated with fungicide if I'm not mistaken. I've seen orange, green, blue and purple treated seeds also.

Aren't you in the Philippines? You may have well have seen similar seeds that look similar in your neck of the woods. You might be right!Thanks for clearing it up.These are Korean, I promise you.

It means they were treated to inhibit fungi growth. it's a good thing. just don't put any in your mouth. ;)

Some parcels and envelops didn't reach their destination in Australia, but most did. just don't declare the seeds, protect them from being smashed along the way the and hide them in a piece a paper or birthday card. the US is much easier. :)

Some parcels and envelops didn't reach their destination in Australia, but most did. just don't declare the seeds, prevent them from being smashed along the way the hide them in a piece a paper or birthday card. the US is much easier. :)

TA

Aren't you in the Philippines? You may have well have seen similar seeds that look similar in your neck of the woods. You might be right!Thanks for clearing it up.These are Korean, I promise you.

Yup. I'm just down south from where you are. :D

I think most of the commercial seeds here are treated with fungicide coz the label states that its not fit for consumption. But not all commercial seeds have colored treatment.

Treated seeds are good thing but Organic growers doesn't prefer treated seeds for some reason (please correct me if I'm wrong with this :D).

Seeds are mostly treated with fungucide but some are treated with stuff that won't let the seed germinate until it's in a certain heat and moisture enviornment.It makes most of the seeds sprout all together for commercial growers.
Some are treated with ferts and or growth hormones,mark seeds as herbicide resistant etc..

A link to a company who sells the colorants.

http://www.seedquest.com/technology/from/BeckerUnderwood/whycolor.htm

Seeds are mostly treated with fungucide but some are treated with stuff that won't let the seed germinate until it's in a certain heat and moiture enviornment.It makes most of the seeds sprout all together for commercial growers.
Some are treated with ferts and or growth hormones,mark seeds as herbicide resistant etc..

A link to a company who sells the colorants.

http://www.seedquest.com/technology/from/BeckerUnderwood/whycolor.htm

Thanks - good to know

I apologize...I was not trying to critique. I am lucky to live near a big grocery mart with many seeds from the Orient. Many seeds are imported from Korea here. :) Until this store opened, there was little to no access to stuff like this locally. Again, sorry about any misunderstanding. To clarify, I could be wrong the varieties I have available from the market mirror those for sale.

Chris

I apologize...I was not trying to critique. I am lucky to live near a big grocery mart with many seeds from the Orient. Many seeds are imported from Korea here. :) Until this store opened, there was little to no access to stuff like this locally. Again, sorry about any misunderstanding. To clarify, I could be wrong the varieties I have available from the market mirror those for sale.

Chris

no worries mate- just trying to provide something if people want it.

Does anybody remember what this variety was properly called? I have peppers which I've been calling "Royal Instructor" now for the last six months, but I was hoping for more of a backstory on them.

Back