• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Grocery store pepper search picture log

Ever since i heard about the Foodarama Scotch Bonnet story and how the pepper was found only 10 miles from me, i decided to pay a visit to Foodarama myself. They did not have it. So i went to Fiesta, another grocery place and found something that looked like them. I did some digging in the basket of cachucas and found a large red one. Maybe a scotch bonnet? Anyways here are the pics.

Overview of all Cachucas i picked plus the large red one
P1020149.jpg

Underneath shot
P1020151.jpg

Close up of big red one
P1020150.jpg

Inside big red one - smelled great, like habanero, first bite was not much heat, second bit produced more heat like a hab.
P1020157.jpg

The Orange Manzano
P1020153.jpg

Inside - tasted good, like a somewhat hot bellpepper
P1020160.jpg

The Caribe
P1020154.jpg

Inside the Caribe - smell great inside, like a cucumber. After trying it, suprisingly tasted like a cucumber too with little heat in the end.
P1020161.jpg

So what do the PROS think of the large red cachuca? Mutant or a Scotch Bonnet?

I like Fiesta Stores. None down this far south. Down in Reynosa, MX there is a chain of grocery stores called Soriana, they have a huge assortment of exotic vegetables. Unfortunately traveling in the border towns now is so dangerous we no longer visit there.

Too may shootouts everyday.

All you can find in the grocery stores around here are jalapenos, orange habs, serranos, and anaheims when it comes to fresh peppers. I'm jealous.

Back