• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

baking Chilihead pizza!!

Ok, I have a slight burning in my mouth right now, but the flavor is AWESOME!!! I just made a homemade pizza at home. I bought the doe mix. Rolled it out. Then I put some baboli pizza sauce on that. Then of course mozzarella and pepporoni. Followed by onions, mushrooms, pickled jalapeno's, fresh habanero's, and fresh hungarian wax peppers. Then of course I sprinkled more mozzarella on top and through it in the oven at 500 degrees until it was done. It wasn't that hard to make. A little time consuming, but very tasty. I'd recommend trying it. :D

P.S- I'd really like trying this with some jalokia's as well. I just have to get some. This is VERY good though.:onfire:

sounds great. I add the chile (fresh or dried) to the tomato base and cover it with cheese and other toppings so I don't accidentally pepper spray the kitchen with the gas of a thousand burnt chiles.

chilliman64 said:
sounds great. I add the chile (fresh or dried) to the tomato base and cover it with cheese and other toppings so I don't accidentally pepper spray the kitchen with the gas of a thousand burnt chiles.
Sounds like a good idea. I didn't notice caustic fumes coming out, I'm sure if you get them the right temp they can really put some hurt on your friends though.:D. I did forget to add that I put anchovie's on as well. I'm sure most won't do that, but I like the fishie's. I hated them the first time I tried them as a kid because they were so salty, but oddly they will grow on you if you eat them a couple of times. Kind of like the heat from the habs. Know what I mean.:onfire:

Well, I made half of it for my woman. (She won't touch a hab with a 10 ft pole.) Then I made the other half for myself. I ate it already. If you guys want I can make it soon though and I can post a pic. I won't exactly complain. It did taste pretty good.:onfire:

I made it again. It hurt coming out this morning I must admit. Here's a pick before I through it in the oven. It's a close up. I put anchovies on it again, but didn't want to cover up those beautiful habs and jalapeno's for the snap shot. ;):P

09-16-07_1409.jpg

xgrafcorex said:
indeed i have!
IMG_1609.jpg

:)
Dude that looks REALLY good. Your actually making me hungry!!!!!:shocked: If you can tell I haven't had my lunch yet. The pic didn't help..LOL!! I sent ya a PM too. :)

it was pretty damn good! it's some of that hillshire farms jalapeno sausage, with some diced onion, jalapeno, and i think some habanero. some premade baked beans from the fresh market to go with it. simple, easy, tasty as hell. :shocked:

edit..ha it's making me hungry now. of course i've only had lunch today and that was a while ago.

xgrafcorex said:
it was pretty damn good! it's some of that hillshire farms jalapeno sausage, with some diced onion, jalapeno, and i think some habanero. some premade baked beans from the fresh market to go with it. simple, easy, tasty as hell. :)

edit..ha it's making me hungry now. of course i've only had lunch today and that was a while ago.
So did you just buy the jalapeno sausage and add the rest? I may have to make this dish soon. Sounds pretty good.:shocked:

yep. i cut the sausage in half and save the rest since it is plenty for me to just eat half per meal. can do it however you want though..then i just dice up the vegetables, put some olive oil in a pan and fry all the stuff..i add a lot of seasonings to the onions and peppers. particularly this stuff my mom made (not quite sure of all the ingredients, but it tastes great.)

xgrafcorex said:
yep. i cut the sausage in half and save the rest since it is plenty for me to just eat half per meal. can do it however you want though..then i just dice up the vegetables, put some olive oil in a pan and fry all the stuff..i add a lot of seasonings to the onions and peppers. particularly this stuff my mom made (not quite sure of all the ingredients, but it tastes great.)

Cool thanks. I'm thinking of mixing some megadeath and garlic powder with barbeque sauce to smother on the sausages!!:shocked: Then I will do the rest how you said. I need a good old bunghole burning again:lol::) Thank you.

sounds good...i loved using ez earls blazin hot stuff on that meal. hah man that megadeath is HOT! i had some earlier spread out on a piece of bread for a sandwich which some teriyaki chicken. didn't get one of those rushes like i was hoping too, but my mouth was certainly feeling it! definitely one of the hottest things i've ever had (the sauce, not the sandwich).

xgrafcorex said:
sounds good...i loved using ez earls blazin hot stuff on that meal. hah man that megadeath is HOT! i had some earlier spread out on a piece of bread for a sandwich which some teriyaki chicken. didn't get one of those rushes like i was hoping too, but my mouth was certainly feeling it! definitely one of the hottest things i've ever had (the sauce, not the sandwich).

I actually haven't used that sauce in a couple of weeks. I however am craving a VERY hot lunch at work today. I plan on smothering it on a couple of the pork chops my lady made last night. I'll pay for it when I go to the bathroom, but I REALLY want hot food today. :lol:
As far as flavor and heat Cajohns 10 is by far my favorite, but it doesn't seem quite as hot. When I'm craving a true heat thing I hit up the MegaDeath. Speaking of MegaDeath. How good is that Jersey Death? Have you had it yet?

the jersey death is pretty good. not my favorite as far as flavor goes, but i still enjoy it. not quite as hot as the megadeath i'd say, but it's been some time since i've had the jersey death.

last night i cheated and had some ramen for dinner hah. i poured about 6 drops of megadeath into the broth and stirred that in. was pretty good...nice and hot too! i could see the broth turn a nice reddish color once i stirred that stuff in. :lol:

Back