• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

favorite Favorite Comfort Food?

Hey ya'll. I was feeling up for a little soul out of the blues kitchen. Aaaahhh my old standby....Mac and Cheese. But wait...not just any Mac, but the Mac Daddy of all Macs!! This one is a Sharp Cheddar, Roasted Garlic and Sundried Tomato Mac. Here's the ingredient list...

Several roasted garlic cloves
1 Shallot
1/2 stick butter
3 tbs. flour
2/3 qt. heavy cream
Sundried toms to your liking
Mini Penne
Sriracha Rooster Sauce(optional)

Here's a few pics.
First the sauce shown while adding the roasted garlic and sundrieds.
0034.jpg

Heres the final after adding the mini penne and tossing together.
0036.jpg

I like a little shot of Sriracha Rooster on mine.
0037.jpg

Not only am I a member of the Directionless Losers of America, but I'm also the President!
0038.jpg

Please post your Mac pics and recipes as well as any of your fav comfort foods. Cheers ya'll. TB

Shrimp and Grits

No pictures, because I usually only want it when it's really cold outside, but I make the grits with milk and chicken broth, stir in sautéed shrimp, peppers, and garlic, and top with fresh butter.

I'm not a grit fan Pam but I'll eat anything with shrimp.

I have leftover Mac today so I had to make a cheddar meatloaf to follow up and pair with it for todays supper.
0040.jpg

Cheers ya'll. TB

Image tags fixed. You keep putting double image tags in your posts :cool:

Sorry bro...my photobucket is doing it. I looked for it this time and I clicked the image icon once and then from my photobucket and automatically it popped up like that. How do I stop it? Sorry for making you work bro.

If photobucket is already providing IMG tags, then you don't need to press the image button here, just paste the URL with the IMG tags in your post. Or copy the URL w/o the IMG tags from photobucket, and use the image button here. Hope that helps.

A good lasagna with real mozzerella, ricotta, italian sweet and hot sausage, red bell peppers, home made marinara with lots of basil and oregano, good flat noodle sheets, all in a really deep lasagna pan .....mmmmmmm
(no pictures to double, use your imagination)

Or...
A good seafood chowder with clams, blue crabs, and shrimp in a rich creamy base with celery and onions....ahhhhhhh. (again, use imagination)

texas blues said:
Hey ya'll. I was feeling up for a little soul out of the blues kitchen. Aaaahhh my old standby....Mac and Cheese. But wait...not just any Mac, but the Mac Daddy of all Macs!! This one is a Sharp Cheddar, Roasted Garlic and Sundried Tomato Mac. Here's the ingredient list...

Several roasted garlic cloves
1 Shallot
1/2 stick butter
3 tbs. flour
2/3 qt. heavy cream
Sundried toms to your liking
Mini Penne
Sriracha Rooster Sauce(optional)

Just made it but instead of using sharp I used cheddar(my little one loves cheedar) with a butload of rooster sauce and damn...all I can say is you da man

my little one went nuts on the rooster sauce...and using that sauce using chedder makes perfect with scalloped potatoes..Think we found our new comfort food lol

TB, your mac and cheese looks damn good. Meatloaf too.

My fave?

Garlic cheese grits with tons of butter and cheese. Mmmmm......

CP....thanks for the kudo's and glad your young one digs the rooster. There's no limit on what can be done with a basic mac and cheese I reckon, and it really is complimented by a good hot sauce. Then there is meatloaf...ahhh meatloaf.

Chuck...growing up in Tejas, you would think that I would groove on grits. I have never been able to get past the texture for some reason, much like polenta, there is something that annoys me about it. Rather odd also is the fact that I love corn, even the field grade corn fed to stock! Go figure. Dude, you need to go give us another burger review...Dirty's?

Cheers, TB.

CP...we need a recipe and pics por favor...or I will call the cops on my neighbors and have their children sold to the government for scientific experiments..I mean it..I'll do it!!
Cheers, TB.

CP, good on you for instilling fine culinary values in your youngster.Hot sauce and mac and cheese does a body good! Is there anything the rooster can't do? Cheers, TB.

Back