• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Walka 2012 Grow

Looks like fungi in the cups, that's probably okay tho. You need a lighter medium, more drainage. I recommend perlite, I like a 40/60 perlite/soil mix, good drainage and keeps lots of air and such in the root zone.

Your Jalapeno slices looked like they're "pickled".......if so, then that's why your seeds didn't germinate.

But, that's good news with the bell pepper, the element of surprise will be if you let some of your bell peppers ripen will they turn red or yellow.?........I like the sweetness of both and I do let some bells run the course before I pick them.

Good luck,

Greg

Take seeds from ripen Jalapenos and not green ones if you plan on growing the seed. Or you will have trouble on getting them grow.

Not necessarily,
I've taking seeds many a time from Green Bells and other "Green" chilli's, just make sure your seeds aren't immature looking or green tinged ...

Greg

Not necessarily,
I've taking seeds many a time from Green Bells and other "Green" chilli's, just make sure your seeds aren't immature looking or green tinged ...

Greg

Thats why i said trouble :) I know some will grow but far away from all.
I had a aji cristal that i let ripe in a sunny window and it gives me 90% rate of the seeds. But store bought jalapenos i think will be hard to grow as green as they pick them asap they reach there final size. :)

So better off trying from ripe pods if available.

Looks nice Walka keep the updates coming!

Wow, nice progress...
Sure your flowers will open and produce......and some people are probably already typing
away in disagreement...
I keep a couple of "fans" running during the indoor grow, whether or not the wind from the fans help stimulate the plants to produce and release pollin is yet to be proved.
Most if not all of my plants that flowered indoors had peppers on the plants before they were brought outdoors. I'm not saying large peppers, but to the point where you could recognize the difference between varieties. My clones produced pods just before the holidays and I had red habs Superbowl weekend...

Greg

Thats a pretty sweet setup you got goin dude!

I'm green with envy you can do all that fun stuff at work.

"Since im back into work i brought the grow box to use their electricity" :rofl:
That's how you use the system right there! +1

Plants are lookin great, just like PIC1 said, get that fan goin.. Just my opinion but in my experience my flowers do drop with out air circulating. You'll finally figure out what ya got growing once those pods pop through :D

Brandon

Back