• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Where's Waldo???

Trying to find anything out of the ordinary when it comes to hot sauces or legitimate spicy foods locally....is like trying to find Waldo. I live in the North West Suburbs of Illinois. 1 hour outside of Chicago. I've been trying to do some research online but have come up empty handed. I want to be able to see and feel the bottles before I buy them. I also want to have a place to go where people know what hot sauce is and have had experience with some super hots. It would just be nice to have a place where a chili head can go and bullshit and feel at home. (other than my favorite place the THP) I'm going to start this off by adding what I know.

T.J. Maxx - I have found Melinda's Naga Jolokia, xxxtra hot, garlic habanero, jalapeno ketchup, habanero ketchup, chipotle ketchup and coffee bbq sauce. (all melinda's products) They also sell Habanero jelly but it never looked appetizing to me. They sell some other sauces as well but these where the one's I've tried and felt were worth buying. 3.99 for the Naga Jolokia 2.99 for the rest. (except the coffee bbq sauce which is 4.99 and would like to say it tastes to me like a great baked bean sauce!) T.J. Maxx is hit or miss if they are going to have any of these sauces available but I have found it regularly enough to say it is common.

World Market- I was here the other day and this is what I saw. They had Blair's sudden death for 5.99 or 6.99. They had a sauce by CA Johns....don't remember which one. They also sold an assortment of Melinda's products. Up front I found a 5 pack of Shark bite brand hot sauce. Nothing exceeding habanero though. They had Tabasco chocolate, as well as a few other spiced chocolates.

Marshall's and T.J. Maxx are one and the same. You will probably have luck finding Melinda's products here as well.

Ok, I swear I've been to places that sell some pretty hot sauces before. I have a distant memory of seeing some 100% PAIN before...IDK. If anyone has anywhere in the Chicago/North west suburbs that they know of, please let me know.

As for hot food, I am not sure. A little diner in the town I live (Wauconda) Bulldogs has some spice on the menu. Nothing really above habanero but their habanero sauce is delicious. They once had a Hotdog for their special of the day that was topped with Ghost Chili onions. It was called the facemelter. I had one, it was really good. Other than that I am not sure of places that serve up super hot dishes. So that is why I have dusted off the shelves in the Illinois forum. Let's start putting the pins on the map
hell.gif

Cigars and stripes you say. Alrighty. That's a little bit of a cruz but I will definitely be checking it out. I like a lil' adventure. Hard to find these days. Like playing whack a mole with no arms.
hell.gif

Back