• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Please help

Hi, my Dorset naga's have got a weird thing growing on them. I've tryed searching the net but can't find anything like what I got. There in a ply box with tinfoil lined on the inside with a 2 ft 6500k tube light and 2 18w energy saving 2700k bulbs

They seem to be growing well, nice and green but nearly all or them have these like Whitey lumps which turn browny after a while. It's hard to explain but if you pinch it it's just like it's part of the plant. It's mainly on the stem but has started to go on some leaves. It's only on the naga's not my birds eyes.

I'm worried it's going to kill them and my other plants

Any idea what it is. I'll try to load some pics but it's not photographing very well

Hi, my Dorset naga's have got a weird thing growing on them. I've tryed searching the net but can't find anything like what I got. There in a ply box with tinfoil lined on the inside with a 2 ft 6500k tube light and 2 18w energy saving 2700k bulbs

They seem to be growing well, nice and green but nearly all or them have these like Whitey lumps which turn browny after a while. It's hard to explain but if you pinch it it's just like it's part of the plant. It's mainly on the stem but has started to go on some leaves. It's only on the naga's not my birds eyes.

I'm worried it's going to kill them and my other plants

Any idea what it is. I'll try to load some pics but it's not photographing very well

Hey Naga Jack,
Not sure how to answer this without photos, but since you say its traveled from the stem to the leaves, if the white/brown lumpy (substance) is web-like/sticky......... :eek: ....it could be a type of "mealy bug"...

Greg

I've googled the and doesn't look like it. Looking at it it don't look like and bugs more like virus maybe? Give me 5 and I'll upload some pics

hope you can see well enough but its a poor iphone camera

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

You have a serious infestation of some sort of insect!! I'm not sure which one it is, but someone here will know. I'm sure it will be treatable once identified.

Good luck!!

Really can't tell mate. I am a newbie myself but if all fails try scraping the plant gently with a edge wooden something of butter knife maybe. Try spraying using the chilli garlic tea sortof thing. Looks like matured amphids and in huge amounts. Their probably dead and those are the dead material sticking to the plant.

Dude.. I'm actually glad that's a blurry cell phone picture, otherwise I'd really be freaked out for ya lol..
Seriously though, that is an insane infestation of something or another.. I don't know if you are able to get this product, but if you can order it online I'll guarantee you it will fix the problem, whatever the hell it is.. if this doesn't fix it, nothing will.

It took care of a fungus I had on my Butch Ts, and kicked some serious aphid ass recently, anyway..

http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/26172-got-aphids-other-pests-or-fungal-diseases/page__st__20

Good luck!
Brandon

Dude.. I'm actually glad that's a blurry cell phone picture, otherwise I'd really be freaked out for ya lol..
Seriously though, that is an insane infestation of something or another.. I don't know if you are able to get this product, but if you can order it online I'll guarantee you it will fix the problem, whatever the hell it is.. if this doesn't fix it, nothing will.

It took care of a fungus I had on my Butch Ts, and kicked some serious aphid ass recently, anyway..

http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/26172-got-aphids-other-pests-or-fungal-diseases/page__st__20

Good luck!
Brandon
Sulphur and Pyrethrins FTW!

I googled aphid infestation.... That pic looks remarkably similar. Ugh.. creeps me out just looking at it. I get mad when I have 5 or 6 on a leaf.

I'll go to a garden centre tomorro and get some pesticide to spray on. Is it worth cutting them right back to try and help get rid? Hope I can save them. Thing is i check on them practically every day and don't think I've ever anything flying in there grow box

Thanks for your help

Only mature aphids fly and only when the numbers in a colony have exceeded the plants ability to sustain them. Looking at this plant I'd say it has reached that point several times already so if you haven't seen any flying it may not be aphids. Look under the leaves, that's where you'll find live ones if it is aphids.

Can you hose the plant down? How hard is it to remove from the stem? How close was this plant to your other plants? Look under the leaves on those. If you don't find aphids then I would bet they are not the problem. They travel to other plants too easily for them not to be on others.

Good luck.

Is on the stems pretty good, to me it looks like warts or something. It's quite close to my others. I've got them in a 2ft6 x 1ft6 box and I can't see anything on any others. I can take it outside and hose down. What would a hose down do?

Back