• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Expat News

I thought it might be nice to have a thread where we could post progress of all those seeds that fly around the world via this great forum. Also gives the opportunity to say Thankyou :confused: and catch up with our favorite peppers that have gone on long journeys.

Thanks chibi for the Takanotsume and chilliman64 for the Scotch Bonnets.

Had a 100% seed success. Woohoo.

All now happily into 100 mm pots for a few weeks TLC, then into a fresh garden bed.

Oh god, I con't remember all the people that have given me seeds.....but here's a few.

Thank you Cleveland Zoo for the Black Pearl Peppers I stole from one of your exibits. The seeds sprouted perfectly and I now have 3 plants.

Thanks Potawie for the Whippet's Tails. They produced like crazy and are now peittering out to their untimely death (boy did I get a lot of peppers though).

An extra thanks goes out to darlochileman for he provided me with my first Naga plant. The one that got me famous.

And one extra big thanks goes out to Kato. Such a big variety of seeds (and sauces) he gave me. The plants are happly producing and burning my tounge and other people's tongues.

Thank you all, you are amazing!

It would take me pages to thank everyone who has helped me over the last several years with seeds, powders, advice, etc. I can't say enough about the generousity of chileheads. This goes out to all you who have helped me feel the BURN!!! :confused::hell: THANK YOU!!!

Chris

Well, I've got 5 baby trinidad scorpians that sprouted on the weekend (sorry no pictures yet), gotta love it when rare seeds like those give you 100% germination. Thanks bentalphanerd for those! Your bolivian rainbow seeds are in the post as of this morning, so you should get them soon.

BobsYourUncle said:
Well, I've got 5 baby trinidad scorpians that sprouted on the weekend (sorry no pictures yet), gotta love it when rare seeds like those give you 100% germination. Thanks bentalphanerd for those! Your bolivian rainbow seeds are in the post as of this morning, so you should get them soon.

Wow , that was fast, well done...just remember who your mates are if I scored all the duds ;)
**Takes a little credit & passes the rest on to POTAWIE for sending the Scorpions to a worthy cause :P**

Thanks for the seeds Bob, I'll let you know when they show up.

BobsYourUncle said:
Your bolivian rainbow seeds are in the post as of this morning, so you should get them soon.

Got back from Byron Bay 2 beers ago Bob & just checked the mail. Thanks very much, I'll post pics when they're up.

bentalphanerd said:
Got back from Byron Bay 2 beers ago Bob & just checked the mail. Thanks very much, I'll post pics when they're up.

So, you're going to tell us all about the festival after another couple of beers, right?

4 from 4 for my Scorpions POTAWIE ~ 3 from 5 so far on the Choc Habs chilliman64 but they have another week before I give up. No movement on the Longs so far.

chibi if you still visit the forum, you're Takanotsume are jumping out of the small pots and will be in the ground next few days - 100% :)

Just received some naga seeds from Pepp3rFreak. Thank you for your generosity, heres hoping for a good crop next season. :hell:

Bolivian Rainbows started popping up today, thanks BobsYourUncle -- chilliman64 4 from 5 Choc habs :idea: thankyou. -- bowhunter I'm hovering over "that" seed tray every hour, truth is it probably has 2 weeks to go.--POTAWIE I lost a Scorpion in the storms...still 3 going strong and 5 Nagas so far :onfire:

Its going to be a very scoville xmas this year :lol: & everyones invited.

Back