• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

food Quaker Steak and Lube Triple Atomic Wings.

So today me and some friends and my brother were driving around a bigger city we visit on occasion, and I saw a Quaker Steak and Lube. I remembered seeing they won the award for best tasting wings on our very own thehotpepper.com. Any way we went there for supper later. I saw they had a Atomic wings challenge which if completed gave you a bumper sticker and your name on their wall. You could also do their Triple Atomic wing challenge and get a shirt for 5$ and a bumper sticker. So I went for the 3x challenge. The challenge is eat six of the Triple Atomic wings which rate at 500K scoville units. I got the wings and started. The heat was instant but was then covered up by a delicious juicy wing and a fruity flavor that reminded me of mango or orange. They were pretty hot but I finished all six and enjoyed it. By wing 4 I was feeling it abit though. An excellent hot wing that is hotter than Buffalo Wild Wings Blazin' sauce and much better tasting in my opinion.
Picture of the T-shirt.
302563_2610263532507_1132532928_33009501_132800101_n.jpg

Nice man. I didnt realize they had a challenge until just tonight surfing around. One I would like to try is Wings Ect. but theirs is 16 of there hottest wings no food or drink for 20 minutes. I dont think the heat would kill me but 16 wings is a lot anyday.

Nice man. I didnt realize they had a challenge until just tonight surfing around. One I would like to try is Wings Ect. but theirs is 16 of there hottest wings no food or drink for 20 minutes. I dont think the heat would kill me but 16 wings is a lot anyday.

I'm pretty sure their wings are smaller than others. Like way smaller than hooters wings. I'd put the head of the drummies at a little bigger than a quarter to give you an idea. I'm pretty sure....don't hold me to it lol but I've eaten there before....it has been awhile though. I just might look them up. I have one real close to me. If I do it before I hear about you doing it. I will let you know how it is. Nice job on the QSaL challenge
hell.gif

I have done this a few times. Their atomics have an upfront shorter burn. Their Triple Atomics have a bit of a fruity flavor and a long slow burn. Our local QSL has an off-label sauce that mixes both when they are sauced. It's probably my favorite sauce at a restaurant that I have had.

Years ago I did the Atomic before they had the Triple Atomic. I liked it so much I bought a bottle to bring home. Next time I get back to Pittsburgh I will be stopping by and getting my t-shirt.

They are an excellent wing!! Outstanding fruity flavor and more than enough heat. Jack's previous assessment was right on, about the Atomic and Triple Atomic comparisons. I was told that the Atomics are habanero based whereas the Triple Atomics are mango/ghost pepper based. 500,000 SHU's? I'm not sure if that's accurate but they will get your attention and have you coming back again!

Yah I believe they are mango with Ghost pepper and extract. They say they are rated at 500K scovilles. Dont know if thats what the sauce is rated after dillution or not. I loved the taste.

Back