• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

flavor A question of taste

Its all good an well all of us growing peppers/chillies but some ( especially Naga's ) have quite a sour taste ( and smell ) to them.
After all ,you don't always want searing heat, because that can put lesser mortals off.

Which peppers/ chillies, in your opinion, actually have a nice taste.
Two categories

1) Raw
2) Cooked

If you have to ask then you have not had the pleasure of trying one. Sorry to hear of your misfortune. There are many other flavorful peppers out there, but you asked for our opinion. :D

If you have to ask then you have not had the pleasure of trying one. Sorry to hear of your misfortune. There are many other flavorful peppers out there, but you asked for our opinion. :D

I looked it up and got taken through to a company of the same name.

Well the only company I work for involving peppers is the one I own making hot sauce.

Here is the wikipedia for Fatalii
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatalii

I'm a huge fan of almost all yellow C. chinenses whether raw, cooked, powdered, or sauced. Fatalii are great, but there are many others just as good or better IMO

Here's a few off the top of my head:
Datil, devil's tongue, Bonda ma Jacques, CARDI yellow scorpion, Yellow 7 pod, Scotch bonnet TFM or most other yellow SB's, Big sun, Burkina yellow, my Kapowie yellow arrowhead cross, Surinam yellow, Carmine
All great chiles!!!

Sure the Fatalii is not only a great tasting pepper but a great producer.

But not That great to use it for both answers..?

I'm partial to the flav of the "Bonnets" Caribbean or African , raw or cooked.

I also enjoy the New Mex Anaheim's....roasted or sliced and sauted...

Greg

Good Lord. Those were just my 2 answers. Everyone now post your two favorites so I can debate your opinion. OI!

Habaneros appear to be the most popular world wide ( I haven't tried them personally.. waiting for next crop that includes them ), so taste wise they must be good.

Here's a few off the top of my head:
Datil, devil's tongue, Bonda ma Jacques, CARDI yellow scorpion, Yellow 7 pod, Scotch bonnet TFM or most other yellow SB's, Big sun, Burkina yellow, my Kapowie yellow arrowhead cross, Surinam yellow, Carmine
All great chiles!!!

Sweet! Thats enough times that Bonda ma Jacques and Burkina yellow have popped up with a good review....These two are destined for next years crop now.

Thanks for sharing!

I wish I had room to grow all the yellows this year but I think I'll trying to stick with my Kapowie yellow cross and some CARDI yellows.
I highly recommend the Bonda ma jacque, its not crazy hot like a fatalii but great citrusy flavor and they were mega productive for me

I like good old fashioned ripe jalapenos raw and pickled. Roasted would be pablanos or if available hatch. As a seasoning to add some heat I like Thai chilis.

Back