• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

DIY Bottle Chilli

you might want to get that chili out of there before you kill it. If that coke bottle is full of water, you are going to drown it. If it is not full, then its going to fall in that bottle. Unless you see something that I don't.....

you might want to get that chili out of there before you kill it. If that coke bottle is full of water, you are going to drown it. If it is not full, then its going to fall in that bottle. Unless you see something that I don't.....
it is just an experiment, i am seeing if it will work

Hey N.C.G...

I see what your trying to do. Kinda like an "ant" farm with roots.... :)
But besides drilling a few holes for drainage you might want to shade the base. If not you'll end up baking the soil and the roots in bright sunlight.

Greg

I did this once when I was a kid with a tomato. it grew for a long time, but didnt thrive. mostly because I didnt really know what I was doing, but it was cool tho have it growing there...

have fun and dont stop experimenting!

If you popped a few holes in the top and added an air stone maybe it would work...
I agree with mushy bob though don't stop experimenting it's fun!

I was thinking of doing that with a rockwool cube,black painted bottle and an airstone but decided against it after seeing how much water I have to add a day to my small hydro plant.
3 litre bottle would need filling too often.
Might be cool for a Bonzi plant though.

I don't see a source for adding air to the water, or nutrients either. The plant is going to look awesome, but it's going to die a slow, miserable death. The roots are also going to bake the way it's setup.

Cool idea, but simply not feasible the way it's currently setup. And no, it wouldn't work for a bonzai either, those plants are the pinnacle of fussy.

Back