• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest New Year's TD Ideas

Congrats again to GEEME on a long deserved crown!

So...since this will be our last year on Earth...with the whole 2012 apocalypse thingie...how shall we get this final countdown to doom kicked off THP TD style?

I have a bit of a nutty idea, being the wacky funster that I am...what about getting a list of confirmed entrants, and in celebration of a New Year, have each of them toss in an idea for a dish, throw it in a hat, and draw for the meal you are to create. Undoubtedly, this would force many of us to try something new, as we all try to screw each other with wild ideas, and absurd dishes. Obviously, it would need to be limited somewhat to readily available ingredients...no yak's tongue soup, or sasquatch scrotum stirfry.

Thoughts?

I say since New Years is a party, we either do hors d'oeuvres, or cocktails as in you meal must incorporate elements from coctails in the food, and you must make cocktails to go with it.

I say since New Years is a party, we either do hors d'oeuvres, or cocktails as in you meal must incorporate elements from coctails in the food, and you must make cocktails to go with it.

Or make an entree and a side dish, each of which uses Champagne in it!

Boooooooooooooooooor Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!

The 2012 New Year's Resolution. Back to basics. Revisit some of the goodies like burgers, pizza, and BBQ, and not think to hard about unique concepts.

Why do you guys always forget when TDs happen?

:lol: For a more direct answer - effectively, it starts the first Friday of a month, which is the 6th for next month. I say "effectively", because THP can do whatever he wants - if he wanted to start it early, he be da boss!

OH Geeme, my guru!!!! Congrats Dahlin'!!!! So well deserved..and amidst so many awesome entries!!!! I was crazy inspired by so many of you!!! I'm going to try fava bean pureé with Spicy Thai sauce spread on masa pizza dō sprinkled with 1/2 steelhead-1/2 clam-n-1/2 chorizo-1/2 beef mince (which is my new fav way to say "ground beef"!!!!)....smothered in BACON-QUESO!!!!! Yep. I may bag the TDs and just make up new meals with all the fantabulous entries combined! Maybe I'll start a restaurant....

Wow, I got sidetracked!!! Anyhoo...Congrats G.! I doubt you have time to watch t.v., but you soooo remind me of my fav telly-chef, Nadia G. ("Bitchin' Kitchen"). She's a hoot, and has wicked fun flavor combos...totally thinks outside the box, but everything I've tried ROCKS!!!! I'm beyond impressed how you try new things for your entries! I think you're 'flavor intuitive'...Ya got the juju Baby!!!! ;)

Sooo...a funny thing happened at the job site today....

Yeah, I can't understand why he didn't like "goddess of the universe" better.... :lol:

cuz I already put dibs on that title.

JUST KIDDING!

There are a lot of goddesses around here~ :cool:

ps- Juju's getting the guys on the jobsite all hot-n-bothered ....

I'll let her tell the rest of the story~ :mouthonfire:

i couldnt remember if the friday landed on the first it was on, or if the weekend landed on the first it was on

Back