Forum Upgraded

Status
Not open for further replies.
What pages? Well it was upgraded so you may need to get used to the new.

When a thread has multiple pages, there was a number (1,2,3,etc) that is a direct link to that page of the thread. It was in the old mobile version but not this one.

I am still getting used to the follow thread options. I know you can click your name and see content I follow (even though it was better the other way I can deal with it like this), but now when I click follow thread, it doesn't give me the option to not receive notification. Is that planned or left out?

There was a previous option where you could subscribe and not be notified. That is no longer available. It made it so the content you followed would show up in your "Watched Threads" or "Content I Follow" pane, however, you wouldn't get emails or messages.

It makes it so you dont get flooded with messages, but can still have a quick reference for topics you follow.

Go to your notification preferences.

Just hold your pointer over their name on the post and all the info will appear.

That's cool, didn't know that. What's that number in green?
edit: Got it. I guess I have 30 "likes". And it says I need to post more "likable content". hmmmm

I think it's how much you're "liked" or formerly "reputation".

I know Jay. The boss only has 11, but I liked his post that said, "in your settings", just to up his little green number. LOL

Okay I liked the change at first but I do not know if the problems I am having now is on the forum end or from mine somehow. Little by little settings are changing or going away.
I used to get emails of the topics I wanted to follow and I get none now. I have tried to re-apply for them from the topic pages and have checked my spam folder to make sure my email did not move them there and still nothing. I do get the emails telling me I have a pm still just fine.
The new content tab is bringing up everything from the last 24 hrs or so even if I had been on a few hrs before and already looked at the topic with no new posts since the last time. I know you can change how far back it gos and I have it set only back to when last on.
I do not see others listing these problems so please help me with what I am doing wrong.

Thanks, Jacen

You have to recheck all your notification settings.

You also have to click the left side of the new content area for your settings. They will save so look there and make sure they are what you want.

Everything should be back to normal now. If you have individual issues or questions please start a new topic. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back