• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Down Under ......Outer Banks North Carolina

went to outerbanks this weekend to cook chili so while we were out we found a restraunt called Down Under.(kinda thinking it might be a little bit like outback) boy was i wrong. im still on the diet so i order the grilled chicken salad. it was ok but super small (for around 10 bucks you expect a big salad) and my son orderd the nachos and my daughter ordered a grilled cheese sandwich. the problem was my sons nachos and my daughters grilled cheese was burned to a crisp. solid black burned.
the waitress looked at it i looked at her and was like...ahhhhh this is burned. so she took it back and when she came back she said the cook gave her a hard time. the next batch of nachos were a little less burned than the first and the sandwich was not burned. well the waitress says let me let you talk to the owner and the owner came out and just talked to me like i was crazy. he said something like he serves burned grilled cheese sandwiches all the time. people even ask him to burn it more.?? ok.....i like hot......but i dont like burned. anywho anyone traveling in the area i would steer clear of down under...no good coustomer service.

Back