not receiving emails from followed topic

The last email that I received from a topic that I follow was on 12/10/11. There have been plenty of posts to that topic since then. I have it set to receive notice instantly. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Regards,
Edward

I just followed this one to see if it shows me or not! lets see.,.

yeah me neither, there are some topic settings in there but it looks like its for reply topics but it might have something to do with it.

FWIW its been working for me. I have followed 2 topics this week alone

In view new content Have you clicked on the items that Im following in the left column near the bottom? does it show the topics?

It's the "Follow this Forum" that isn't sending me emails. Try following the "Growing Hot Peppers" forum. If somebody starts a new topic you should get and email.

FWIW its been working for me. I have followed 2 topics this week alone

In view new content Have you clicked on the items that Im following in the left column near the bottom? does it show the topics?

The topics that I follow show up, but the 2 forums that I follow don't.

im having the same problem
it seems almost but not all the topics i started to follow before the update are OK but im not getting any of the notices from the ones after it

thanks your friend Joe

Guys please check your Notification settings under Email, thanks. The upgrade may have reset something if a setting changed. Although it shouldn't have. But looking at your settings that may be it.

yep a bunch of check marks disappeared for me too. I went through the day after the upgrade when I noticed new posts in my watched forums with no email. Any you mark now will be fine but you need to set it in your notification settings.

Cool. So yeah that should be the issue just check your settings. Thanks

Please check again. Had to restore the defaults so they may have changed again.

Thanks

Has anyone received an e-mail notification for a followed topic that is set to Notify only when offline since the upgrade?

I changed a page worth of followed topics to immediate notification option and found that option worked. Those topics were since set back to Notify only when offline and I haven't seen any associated notification since then.

I would rather use the options that do not generate that many e-mail messages.

Your settings say Delayed. Please adjust in your settings. If you don't want emails check Inline.

Your settings say Delayed. Please adjust in your settings.
Prior to the upgrade the notification method that is now referred to as "Offline" was referred to as "Delayed". I waited long enough (almost 1.5 hours) to be marked as offline after responding to this thread. Prior to the upgrade this would have been more than enough time for a notification of a reply to a topic to be generated.

Perhaps a setting of the delay was changed by the upgrade?

If you don't want emails check Inline.
The option for inline notification is under the Private Messages section of the Notification Preferences. I used it previously to see that it did only apply to notification of the receipt of private messages.

Not sure test it out until you get what you need.

I found a couple of workarounds for the problem. I received notification via email for existing threads provided the Notification List option is enabled in addition to Email. A drawback may be not receiving any further notifications after reading a followed thread but forgetting to clear the associated notification from the list.

The second workaround is to have only email notification enabled and Unfollow each topic and then hit Follow again choosing the offline option.

I have tried, at least i think i have everything here, however i am not getting e-mails for replies for topics i am watching.
I usually have everything set as a daily e-mail as i check out whats going on before going to work.
What am i doing wrong?

I have tried, at least i think i have everything here, however i am not getting e-mails for replies for topics i am watching.
I usually have everything set as a daily e-mail as i check out whats going on before going to work.
What am i doing wrong?
I guess you tried applying my work around of enabling the use of the Notification List in addition to Email for the Notification method to use for followed topics daily/weekly digests preference?

Back