• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

-JM- Balcony Growing 2012

Hello everyone. I´ve been reading THP for a long time and now i decided to share my next growing season with you! I live in Finland and the summer is quite short in here, but beginning the season inside makes it possible to grow chiles here.

My season started 11/24/11 by germinating C.Pubescens varieties. I will be germinating C.Chinenses in the beginning of January, and C.Baccatums and C.Annuums in February.

My growlist (at least for now)

C.Annuum
- Leek
- Jalapeno Biker Billy
- Kunja

C.Baccatum
- Aji Cristal
- Aji Fantasy
- Inca Red Drop
- Trepadeira Werner
- Sugar Rush

C.Chinense
- 7 pod Primo
- Habanero Sebaco
- Habanero Brown Large
- Clavo
- Pimenta Diomar
- Trepadeira Werner
- CGN21500
- Fatalii White

C.Pubescens
- Turbo Pube PI (585267)
- Hyper Pube (Cap 217)
- Manzano Rojo

C.Frutescens
- PI 406847
- Dogo Nyoni

C.Flexuosum
- C.Flexuosum

I might have to drop some varieties off the list because i´m growing on my balcony and the space is very limited.

So far i have Turbo Pube (3), Hyper Pube (3), Manzano Rojo (2) and Flexuosum (2) growing their first real leaves. They are under two 30w Fluorocent light bulbs.

I´m planning on trying some hydrophonic growing this season. I have plans for a little ebb&flood, so we´ll see how that goes.

I´ll be posting updates and pictures soon. I hope you all like my log and keep following it and giving me tips on the way.

PS: I apoligize if my english is bad...

Thanks everyone!

Yes, that is a lot, but i think that if i position them right i might fit them all on the balcony.

PICTURES!!!

Hyper Pubes
IMG_1165.JPG

C.Flexuosums
IMG_1166.JPG

Manzano rojo and Turbo Pubes
IMG_1167.JPG

I think it´s quite well considering that i started germinating one month ago.

They are 2,5 dl cream cartons. When the plants grow bigger, i´ll put them into one liter milk cartons. Recycling as it´s finest :D

Chinenses are germinating. I had to do some changes to my growlist. My current list for chinenses is:

- Clavo
- Pimenta Diomar
- Habanero Brown Large
- Habanero Sebaco
- 7 Pod Primo
- Fatalii White
- CGN 21500
- Hurrican

IMG_1226.JPG

Great list and funny containers :)
Nice to see another balcony grower!
What size you plan to use for final pots on the balcony?

Good luck!

Datil

Wow looks great I am really interested in that Pimenta Diomar have you grow those before or first year going to have to look for those.

I´m very interested in it too, and it´s my first year growing it. The guy i got the seeds describes the variety like this (direct quote):
Very fine taste with a little above medium pungency.

It´s a bit hard to explain but I consider this one to be a little higher class chinense just because of it`s taste.
Simply very good!

I expect a lot from this! :)

Great list and funny containers :)
Nice to see another balcony grower!
What size you plan to use for final pots on the balcony?

Good luck!

Datil

Thank you!

Most of them will go in a 10 liter buckets, and some goes in about 4 liter buckets.

It´s picture time!

My C.Flexuosums are doing great.
IMG_1287.JPG

Turbo Pubes. The left one got a little too close to my lamps and burned its leaves a bit.
IMG_1289.JPG

Hyper Pubes.
IMG_1290.JPG

My only Manzano Rojo.
Manzano%252520Rojo.JPG

And this is what my setup looks like at the moment.
IMG_1298.JPG

Also Clavo, Pimenta Diomar and Habanero Sebaco has germinated!

It depends on the pest,but you might want to spray now with an oil based soap.About 5-6 drops per litre works for me.It might be heavy on the soap,but I follow with a clean water rinse.I don't know about in Finland,but over here anything not oil based I think is labeled detergent,oil based is labeled soap.I use a dish washing soap.Hope it helps you

This is for soft bodied pests like aphids.It has worked well for me.It can take a couple treatments,over a few days.

Back