• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Lets hear your best cures for chillies in :your eyes/crutch/backside etc

We've all done it ( I swear I've done more than most ) of handling chillies then rubbing your eyes/ scratching your arse/handling ya bits and suddenly those body parts are on fire.

Best cures for immediate heat relief please ?

From personal experience if you get chillies on your hands and rub your eyes , I swear water does not work.

Try and rub it only in your bad eye (by mistake) and watch TV with good eye open as the burnt one recovers. Slowly start to open as air seems to make it worse for me.

After passing out some naga's from the exhaust end of me, that really did feel like my ring piece was on fire, I found that sitting in the bath helped!........a lot.

Even though I feel like a dork my wife forced into wearing gloves when I handle peppers.
And as far as washing your hands goes I have used salt water,cooking oil ,vodka none seem to work.

i wonder if pouring milk in your eyes help....

Live :drunk: and prosper!
Pouring milk in your eyes helps....A LOT. I volunteered to get pepper sprayed for a class and without milk you can open your eyes a tiny bit before you have to close them. Then when milk was poured in, it was incredible how much it helped. Another thing that helps is baby shampoo.

The first step is prevention!!! I always wear gloves and if I have any worry that I've come in contact with Capsaicin, I immediately wash my hands with rubbing alcohol. I've learned far too many times over the years that getting pepper juices under a contact lens or applied onto one's nether-region completely sucks. I guess if you really want to, you could use a cotton swab on your junk with rubbing alcohol to relieve the ill effects of Hunan-pecker. I would DEFINITELY NOT recommend this technique for your eyes. . . :mouthonfire:

Milk in the eye works pretty good. Also don't rub your eye once it happens. I don't believe the eyeball has the same pain receptors as the eyelid and around the eye. I've had hot sauce spash in my eye and not really burn likely since it only hit the eyeball and I didn't rub it around

Douche your eye with milk and Tie up your Wife or girlfriend and douche the other member :eek:

Live long and pepper :drooling:

Back