Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to suggest that if a topic is posted by a member in the wrong area, it be moved to the proper forum instead of closed. It is a friendlier approach to matters like this. Is it too much of a hassle? I've seen it done on other sites non pepper related. thank you THP in advance because I know you are very prompt and I appreciate it.

Sometimes I move on average 20 a day! You just don't know it because... it's moved. If people keep doing it though, maybe we'll close it so they stop. Okay? This ain't the "oh it will get moved so I'll post anywhere" site. Thanks

PS. I've probably closed 2-3 in a year so I think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill. Not even sure why you posted this. Is it because you saw one closed topic?

I... guess.. that is on the subject.. of posts that should be moved... so..... :lol:

My post was with the utmost of sincerity. I just want to be clear that when I said "is it to much of a hassle?" that it was not at all rhetorical. I seriously wanted to know if it was hard to do. I did just see one that was closed, while I was searching for pepper books. I noticed because he didn't post in the proper area you closed it. So It just hit me to ask you about it. When I read the thread it sounded a little harsh and slightly abrasive. I do not know how or what you have to deal with on a daily basis. I was only stating what I thought would be a good idea. (the other site I mentioned, noted when the thread was moved...making it known and I am not saying that you should do this, just letting you know.) It was simply a curious question because I was really interested in the subject and it was killed before it ever got started. Although you did state what section he could post in and I didn't see anything posted. So it's whatever. Just threw it out there and now I am well informed on the topic. Thanks THP.

I also need to mention how much I hate text form of communication. It is so hard to tell the attitude and tone of someone's post. I reread mine and it sounds very negative and pointing fingerish. lol, when it was completely meant in a passive and non threatening way.

It is so hard to tell the attitude and tone of someone's post. I reread mine and it sounds very negative and pointing fingerish. lol, when it was completely meant in a passive and non threatening way.

I totally agree with that. I'm the King of next-day-delete..... LOL!

I'm with you SuperHot! :drunk:

Short answer: We do move them instead of closing them. Once in a blue moon I'll lock one if I feel it will send a message to post in the correct forum, or if I am tired of moving them all day. But like I said those are rare. Thanks

PS. I did not detect negativity I was just surprised, if you count the closed instead of moved topics in the last 7 years I think it's under 10!

:)

I'll add a suggestion: How about moving the "breadcrumb trail" at the bottom of the page to just under where you have the page numbers listed?

If you can find the breadcrumbs you are smarter than JayT.

Hey Boss, while your updating the sidebar, any chance you stick the followed content back in there? I know it is up in the top if I click my name, but I just think it is much better on the sidebar. pa pa pa pleeeese just do this for me.... :pray:

what's a breadcrumb trail?
When you're in this topic, immediately beneath the Forums tab, you'll find: The Hot Pepper → TheHotPepper.com→ Announcements→ Suggestions and Support

That's the breadcrumb trail, thanks to Hansel and Gretel. It's also now at the bottom of the beige "box" that holds these posts. I didn't notice it was there at first, because it's beneath the stuff I usually look at. But because it's down there and not where I might expect it to be, I frequently end up scrolling back to the top to get to it. Then I do the "Doh!" thing and remember it's at the bottom, too. Okay, yeah, you could tell me to turn my brainiac on, but the whole point of coming here is to be able to turn it off from time to time!

Ok now I found out what and where the breadcrumb trail is. Now where is this beer that Paulie told me was there at the end of it? I have been hoodwinked!

Like her ^^^^^^^^

When you're in this topic, immediately beneath the Forums tab, you'll find: The Hot Pepper → TheHotPepper.com→ Announcements→ Suggestions and Support

That's the breadcrumb trail, thanks to Hansel and Gretel. It's also now at the bottom of the beige "box" that holds these posts. I didn't notice it was there at first, because it's beneath the stuff I usually look at. But because it's down there and not where I might expect it to be, I frequently end up scrolling back to the top to get to it. Then I do the "Doh!" thing and remember it's at the bottom, too. Okay, yeah, you could tell me to turn my brainiac on, but the whole point of coming here is to be able to turn it off from time to time!

Not just "smarter" but, SMART! like gemme. just a suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back