• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Pluckers Wing Bar? Anyone?

Hello all,

A couple of weeks ago I visited Pluckers in Arlington, near Dallas after being told they serve some pretty hot wings. Before the visit I looked around online but couldn't really find a great deal part from a video review which ended in disappointment. The reviewer stated that they had visited a particular branch previous to the review and the wings were really hot. The wings downed on the video seemed to be very mild even though they were the hottest on the menu, 'Fire In The Hole'.

Naturally I opted for the Fire In The Hole sauce and the name did not mislead! I noticed that the sauce didn't look like a regular wing sauce as it had a lot of what I believe to be chopped Jalapenos and Habaneros in it. After about half of my meal I was not only full but my mouth was begging me to stop. I had ordered the monster platter so I took my leftovers home and finished them later.

Today we visited again and this time I got the Buffalo Hot sauce which I really enjoyed. While I was there I picked up a bottle of the Fire In The Hole sauce which they sell for $3.99 ($4.99 on their website) and upon inspection it has none of the chunks in there that had caused me great pain previously! It's quite a smooth yet still hot, typical looking wing sauce.

So my question is...does it vary from location to location what the kitchen staff do? Or is it just an addition to get the extra peppers if you eat at the restaurant? Whatever the answer it was certainly the hottest food I've been served by a chain eatery.

Has anyone else been there?

I'll post a couple of pics in below, first the 2 bottles I brought home with me today, secondly the ingredients and third a shot of my meal from our first visit.

Cheers!

http://imageshack.us...1231195605.jpg/

http://imageshack.us...1231195731.jpg/

http://imageshack.us...3808361373.jpg/

Looks like the bottled stuff uses an extract (capsicum), whereas they used fresh cut peppers in the restaurant...Keep us posted on how hot the bottled sauce is!

Looks like the bottled stuff uses an extract (capsicum), whereas they used fresh cut peppers in the restaurant...Keep us posted on how hot the bottled sauce is!

Capsicum just means pepper. Capsicum oleoresin means extract.

Don't be sorry! They could always have stated it wrong as well. But Capsicum oleoresin = pepper oil. :)

Thanks for jogging my memory (oleoresin)! I just saw "capsicum" by itself and had thought of extract...Learn something everyday! :)

Yea i initially I thought extract too when I first saw it. I really like the sauce, both of them. They are very similar in taste (similar ingredients) with the FIre In The Hole being hotter obviously. I had 2 chicken patties last night, each one doused in a different sauce and my mouth was buzzing for a while afterwards. Easily worth $4.

Ringside,

I am Dave, one of the owners of Pluckers and wanted to get an answer to you about your question. We don't put the fresh peppers in our bottled wing sauces because we didn't like the look of the peppers after they had been in the bottle for a few days. The fresh peppers tossed directly on the Fire in the Hole wings not only adds heat, but color and eye appeal. It isn't something different from store to store. I hope that helps!

Ah thanks very much for that info! I had assumed as much. Just want to say I was really impressed with the heat of the food, so used to being let down at other eateries!

The bottled sauce is plenty hot enough by itself, the fresh peppers almost kicked me into submission.

Cheers!

Back