• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Chilliover's Grow (Attempt) Log

So i've decided to start up a grow log to just show how i am progressing with my attemp. Currently i have the following seedling happening.

Hot Cherry
Sweet Datil
Cap Pub 1486
Bishops Hot
Orange Lantern
cap 217 hyper
po cheong
orange t scorpion
orange monzano
nagabon
peruvian white
pimenta de neyde

habanero orange
habanero yellow
habanero red
habanero choclate

Thai chilli
Cayenne red (high yield)
Store bought (unknown, very hot type)
inferno

The ones that i am attempting again are :

Choc bhut
purple tiger
primo 7 pot
BIH jolokia
Black pearl
trinidad yellow bonnets
martinique
trinidad scorpion

I have a few images below of what i am currently doing. I will be posting question regularly too. Please help me out if you have answers.

IMG_2779.jpg
Inferno from bunnings. Currently flowering.

IMG_2778.jpg

My four beautiful habaneros. Once again from bunnings. 2 currently flowering.

IMG_2803.jpg

Pic above just shows how tight i am on space. I really need more space. Apart from my chilli plants i have 3 curry leaf plants , guava currently with very small shoots, unknown either mandarin or orange and a few pots containing mangoes and lychee seedling on the verge of emerging.

IMG_2802.jpg

My alcheapo greenhouse with the little seedlings. The seedlings on the top rack are from seeds given by Nova. And the seedling on the very bottom rack are from seeds from Omri. Thanks guys.

IMG_2801.jpg

And last but not least my ever so little garden. Me and my partner decided to give some shade to the plants as they were getting scorched a bit. What yous reckon. I am also thinking of putting up a diy watering system made of PVC pipes. Current plant is as below. Any ideas or improvements as more then welcome.

The watering plant below will be closed with endcaps. Any ideas on timers. Do you think i should let the water spray out from the top or use the drip method?
Untitled-1.jpg

Anyways guys that's all for now. More to come soon.

Today i found some aphids on my chilli plant. Very few. Maybe 5-6. Where are they coming from. I've never seen them in my garden before at all. Anyways squashed the little buggers.

Today i found some aphids on my chilli plant. Very few. Maybe 5-6. Where are they coming from. I've never seen them in my garden before at all. Anyways squashed the little buggers.

You're plants look great. I can't wait until I have some that healthy looking!

As far as the aphids, you're better off having them outside than indoors . Let nature take its course, A good hosing of water will keep them at bay. Plus you'll have the benefical insects out and about to help. Just keep a close eye on the undersides of the leaves and between the nodes. Smearing them with a latex gloved hand sprayed with insecticidal soap also helps...

Greg

I think i should move them outside. I'll do that today. It's just that midday gets so hot it might scorch the plants. Anyways i'll keep an eye on that.

Ok so a bit of an update. All my little babies have been potted up. These were potted a week ago and doing good. I have kept 2 of the following plants.

1. Thai chilli
2. Cap 217 hyper
3. Bishops hot
4. Cap Pub 1486
5. Sweet Datil
6. Po Cheong
7. Pimente de neyde
8. Orange Lantern
9. Orange Monzano
10. Peruvian White
11. Nagabon
12. Hot Cherry
13. Hot store variety
14. Orange T Scorpion

1 Plant of the following

15. Red habanero
16. Orange Habanero
17. Chocolate Habanero
18. Yellow Habanero
19. Inferno

And several plants of

20. red cayenne. (In pots and in ground)

I am also having a second attempt at the following variety.

1. Hungarian black
2. Hungarian hot wax
3. Purple tiger
4. 7 pot Jonah
5. Primo 7 pot
6. Tabago
7. Early jalapeno
8. Cap 1492
9. Douglah 7 pot
10. Yellow bonnet
11. Milo de tiro
12. Bih Jolokia
13. Black pearl
14. Aji Lemon
15. Jalapeno (hook emerged 15.01)
16.Big Jim
17. Chocolate bhut
18. Trinidad scorpion
19. Red bhut
20. Inchanga (hook emerged 15.01)
21. Peppadews
22. African Honey

Below are some pics. The following are my new potted babies.

IMG_2825.jpg

Little inferno babies.

IMG_2830.jpg

IMG_2831.jpg

I think i spoke too soon on this one. My little orange habanero has a baby.
IMG_2834.jpg

IMG_2832.jpg

Chocolate habanero also just flowering.

IMG_2835.jpg

Red habanero.

IMG_2837.jpg

And finally the yellow habanero

IMG_2838.jpg

All habaneros are flowering or just starting.

That's all for now. More to come.

The orange Habanero plant appears to be healthy. My estimate is the pod in your close up shot is over a week old. There's a tentatively set fruit below it in the plant wide shot. I also see a third flower to the left of the first two with shrivelled petals that may be tentatively set to fruit too.

Are the 4 Habs in 20 cm pots?

The orange Habanero plant appears to be healthy. My estimate is the pod in your close up shot is over a week old. There's a tentatively set fruit below it in the plant wide shot. I also see a third flower to the left of the first two with shrivelled petals that may be tentatively set to fruit too.

Are the 4 Habs in 20 cm pots?

These are in 25cm pots.

Update on the orange habanero.
IMG_2862.jpg

IMG_2863.jpg

And the new seedlings. So far the following has emerged.

Hungarian black
Cap 1492
Aji Lemon
Big Jim
Trinidad scorpion
Inchanga (hook emerged 15.01)
Peppadews
African Honey

and i have very high hopes for the red bhut. Root has emerged. I am super duper excited. My first ever bhut.

IMG_2873.jpg

Nice! I'll be jealous of you aussies for the next couple months I think. Those seedlings look like they're BEGGING for some more sun! Maybe its time to move them a bit?

Nice! I'll be jealous of you aussies for the next couple months I think. Those seedlings look like they're BEGGING for some more sun! Maybe its time to move them a bit?

Was thinking of doing it today but it's raining and i am busy. Maybe tomorrow. They'll go in their little cups.

BTW red bhut has just popped out. I am throwing a party for my bhut today.

Looking good bro. Those seedlings need both more light (not too much direct sun at this early stage) and a gentle breeze (ie a small fan blowing air across them) to strengthen up those stems and to keep them upright and growing well.

Wow they look great and loaded as well great progress. How does your chili inferno look?

Not very happy with the pods on my chilli inferno yet. I tried a green pod and it's very mild. Not like the name suggests. Maybe the flavour develops when the pod ripens. Fingers crossed.

IMG_2894.jpg

IMG_2895.jpg

From my second attempt i have had success with the following.

Cap 1492
Black pearl
Aji Lemon
Jalapeno
Big Jim
Chocolate bhut
Trinidad scorpion
Red bhut
Inchanga
Peppadew
African Honey

All potted in their little cups. They received plenty of sunshine and breeze today.

IMG_2900.jpg

And my last seeds for this season. I was suprised with the Butch T gievn to me by HotStuff. Planted on the 23rd and emerged 31st. Around 8 days for a superhot.

And not to forget Zavory given to me by ajijoe in rememberence to his neice. Emerged today.

IMG_2903.jpg

Last but not least i found this baby hiding from me. Yellow habanero.

IMG_2898.jpg

Back