What about a Seperate Growlog Section

What do you think about splitting the growlogs from the growing hot pepper section? Maybe just renaming or something. The reason I ask is because of the overwhelming number of growlogs makes it kind of difficult for people to get growing support.

I know growing hot peppers is the place where you post your grows, but if you kept that section for the logs, you could create a Grow Support heading for everyone to post pics and questions on their sick plants and stuff. I don't know if all of the logs will last, but just go to the forum now and 80% are growlogs. The HELP ME! headings get lost easily.

Yes this is what BLOGS are for. :)

You can call them GLOGS if it makes you happier.

Sounds great. Nobody uses them. They post then in the Growing Hot Peppers forum. If they go in the blogs, then they should be moved.

You can click "Blog This" if you wish to GLOG your post. :)

Yeah not many people use the "Blog This" maybe this post will bring it to people's attention. Post it in the forum then one click to Blog it.

I dont think you are following me. I am not looking for a place to put a grow log. I am saying there are too many in the growing hot peppers forum. Right now, there are 19 out of 27 threads that are growlogs. It would be better to place them in a FORUM area made just for grow logs.

I understand that members can make blogs, they dont. At least not with the above representation of people posting them in the mentioned forum.

I am not talking about me, I am talking about everyone. It is overwhelming and taking away from the (implied) intent of that forum heading. How hard would it be to put a subheading like you do for growing other stuff? (asking not sarcastic)

I just wanna stress that it isn't just me who wants this minor change. People who have been around here much longer than I and some of the "newer" members that spend a lot of time in the forums aren't affected as much as new and potential members. Think about it, somebody comes and starts browsing the forums and is looking for info on how to fix their yellowing leaves problem. They go to the Growing Hot Pepper forum heading and look through the threads. Immediately they change forums because all the threads are growlogs. They COULD use the search bar, but lets be frank, no new people use the search bar. After some more searching they can't find help and they post a new thread, which is in the wrong area, which will be moved, and then lost in the logs. They either get frustrated and go to one of the other forums or suck it up and wade through the growlogs to try to find someone with a similar issue. Now if there were three subheadings (growing- other stuff, growlogs, and growing support) it would be a streamlined, unmistakable section for all types of growing information. You have a red hot recipes and a cooking with fire section, a booze and homebrewing seciton, and a bbq/grilling and smokers and grills section, all of which I would argue that if combined (the pair) would look similar to the current growing hot peppers heading.

It is just a suggestion, and if I was the only one who wanted the change I would have dropped it, but I am not. Ask your members, obviously this idea has already been mentioned and I don't see a downside. If there is behind the scenes circumstances that would make it worse then please bring it up and ill drop it. I thought about posting a poll in the actual Growing Hot Pepper forum, but we both know what happens when one person does something, next thing you know you will have 45 polls asking for everything from a growing cactus forum to Hawaiian shirt Fridays. (No offense to cacti growers, or Hawaiian shirt wearers...)

Again, not trying to be difficult, just trying to make the experience better here on THP.

I never see suggestions as someone being difficult! They are suggestions with the intent to improve.

Let me mull this one over.

I think in the past, hell last year for example when I first joined it seemed like there was less than half of the amount of growlogs that there is now and most growers haven't even started yet. I think it was alot easier to weave through the growing threads and growlog threads but now... it's pretty insane. With so many new people joining and wanting to try their shot at growing and or show everyone how they already grow, the growlogs are just going to keep increasing and increasing year after year. Matts right, I'll be honest, I love checking out growlogs and do quite frequently but, I've yet to ever look through a single blog lol.. I know you already are boss, but seriously give this some thought :D
Thanks

Brandon

I think I originally didn't do it because blogs were new, and I was to try to get people to use them. A lot of time has passed, so I need to evaluate that now. Thanks

Per your request this is done. All Glogs are already there.

Back