• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Habanero Salsa?

I've made a couple habanero salsas but non too good, I like smokie flavor and Hot!!! Any recepies?

Try chocolate habs and a little liquid smoke to get that smokey flavor! If you want hotter then that I suggest replacing the choc habs with choc bhuts, If you dont have those use a little extract

Well im new to gardening so I can only get Market Habaneros so they kinna suck on how spicy, I really didnt know they sell liquid smoke, o.O but now i know what to look for at the Store :D

Try chocolate habs and a little liquid smoke to get that smokey flavor(say 10 hail mary's afterwards!) If you want hotter then that I suggest replacing the choc habs with choc bhuts, If you dont have those use anything other than extract.

FIFY.....Doh!

Smoky flavor, either smoke your pepeprs or buy some chipotles in adobe to add to your hab salsa. If you like a fresh pepper taste, but a smoky flavor, you could do something like smoke the tomatoes, or smoke the garlic. Really it is all up to you.

If you can't smoke anything right now buy some smoked sea salt and/or chipotles.

Sounds like a good Idea, but once i tryed doing that to the peppers I couldnt breath in my house, so im looking for other options, and any recepies you guys do but adding habaneros so that way i know its going to end up good.

Umm, you smoked peppers in your house? Ah yeah, bad idea, you could die. That's like BBQing indoors.

I did offer you some alternatives. Buy chipotles. Buy smoked salt. Add fresh habs, tomatoes, onions, garlic.

Wow didn't know it can kill and everyone in my family does that, well thanks for the Heads up and I will grill everything else

How exactly were you smoking peppers indoors? And what do you mean now you will grill indoors? Are fire/flames/smoke involved, or are you talking about something else here?

The way I do it is grill em without any fluid they get some kind of smokie flavor but the smoke hurts the lungs and start choking

Back