• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2012

So i was gonna cont. my thread from last year but decided I better stay with the norm. I am not allowed to grow indoors( thanks to my better half) so I will not start anything new til late February and they will be germinated outside. Until then I have a nice amounts of plants I will be overwintering.They are as folllows.
2 Brain strain ( wayright )
2 chocolate bhut's( wayright)
4 yellow cardi scorps( wayright)
2 red 7's (THSC)
2 yellow 7's ( judy)
2 hybrid bhut's(redwoodcityseeds)
1 red bhut(CPI)
1 7 pot barrackpore ( roper2008)
1 red savina
1 douglah hybrid(wayright)
1 chocolate habanero( lisa/ gardens 2 grow)
1 african tunisian(gardens 2 grow)
1 chiltepin( garden 2 grow)
1 donne sali( wayright)
1 datil(CPI)
1 dorsett naga( highhalt's 2010 seed swap)
and a couple mystery plants

Here is a pic of some of them as I was bringing them in the Garage. My son JJ was a huge help. This is the latest i have ever had to bring them in .( I say that like I have been growing peppers forever) But last year I had to bring my plants in several times before the new year. :halo:

photo-168.jpg

And my first hybrid bhut with some peas my boy grew. I say that bhut was :hot:
IMG_2872.jpg

I had to chuckle at your comment about being forbidden to grow indoors. I have one grow light and table, but it's not near enough for all of the peppers on my grow list, not to mention anything else that needs an early start. I made a comment to my husband yesterday about needing another shelf and light fixture. His response ... "No, this way you can't get too out of control." Well, we'll see about that! He whines a lot, but really he's an enabler. He's the one that built my set up last year.

Those are some nice size plants. Are they all 1st yr overwinters?

Thanks Greg. Only the red savina,naga jolokakia, and a couple red habs are from last year. Mites have token it's toll on several of my older plants so I am gonna let em go. Plus I need to make room for all the new varieties I can't wait to start.

I had to chuckle at your comment about being forbidden to grow indoors. I have one grow light and table, but it's not near enough for all of the peppers on my grow list, not to mention anything else that needs an early start. I made a comment to my husband yesterday about needing another shelf and light fixture. His response ... "No, this way you can't get too out of control." Well, we'll see about that! He whines a lot, but really he's an enabler. He's the one that built my set up last year.

That is too funny Bonnie. Sounds like you and I would be in trouble if we hooked up.LOL. Without are bettter halfs to keep us under control. I am glad to see you are trying to overwinter some. It will pay big if they live come spring!

Looks nice, I had to bring mine in to last night too... that yellow scorp ya gave me is puttin out flowers, and filling out. I'll bring them back out tomorrow, gonna be mid 70's again in a couple days. I'll have plenty of starts if ya need some.

Thanks Brian. I can't wait to follow your grow as well. Should be epic!

Eric I am always happy to see you on my grow. Now get that ankle better and start your grow.

Conrad, you know I will take you up on the offer. I will pay you with lots of peppers. But I don't think you will need any judging by your setup.

yeah, this whole broken ankle has put a damper on me taking care of the plants! my wife HATES to get her hands dirty! and this weekend the nutes in my DWC need to be changed!

Im diggin the Alligator Alley sign! :woohoo:
Great job on the Snow Pea harvest JJ!

Park the car outside Jamie, and expand that growroom! :dance:

Go Gators!

Kevin

Thanks my brotha kevin. Our kids have so many toys we can't park in are not so 2 car garage.I guess if we owned 2 smart cars it would considered 2 car garage. Nice to see you around my man!

Got some nice pics today. My sweet venetian hab is super healthy. One of my only in ground plants. Go figure'

photo-171.jpg

bhut hybrid

100_2876.jpg

yellow cardi scorp huge pods lil plant

100_2882.jpg

My old two year old red hab refuses to stop producing. It has been in the same 3 gallon pot and you can tell

100_2877.jpg

7 pod barrackpore

100_2885.jpg

7 pod red hippy seed company

100_2881.jpg

And my brain is loaded with pods

100_2883.jpg

one more pic!

100_2878.jpg

Salute! :cheers:

Great pics!! You are so fortunate to be in Florida where you can results pretty much all year long! You must be down south and not up in Pensacola... :)

Man you got some beautys growing there Jamie!! :dance:
Those fat Bhut hybrids look wicked! How do they taste?

Tebow time!! :party:

Kevin

Thanks STC we are very lucky indeed!

Kevin my man. Those hybrid bhut's are really tasty and pack some major heat. They taste very much like a reg bhut( I know not your favorite) but very sweet with no acidy or earthy flavor.

Man it's nice to see ripe pods this time of the year, I know the Aussie's are have they're prime time grow now... but your pods look like mine did in July

Greg

Back