• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

STC3248, Just Another Grow Log! Holiday Harvest!

Still waiting on the supers...but the rest are sprouted and under lights. This will be my first attempt at supers. Fingers crossed. I am so lost in the labels. I don't know how some of you keep them all straight??? I know I got most of them right...but had a couple random seeds pop up under the starter pellets...lolEdit: This was my STARTING listJalapenoBlack CobraMucho Nacho JalapenoBellPoblanoCaribbean RedChocolate HabaneroAnaheimCayenneTrinidad ScorpionBhut Jolokia Red/Yellow/Chocolate/White/PurpleFataliPequin ChiapasAmigo Diablo Bombay MorichDorset NagaLg Yellow 7 Pot7 Pot RedDouglahBishops Crownand OrnamentalsHere is the FINAL revised list! lol yeah right! Got some slow movers on here...GREEN: planted last night 3 February...didn't soak, so they may take a bit longer than normalORANGE: Planted 25 JanuaryBLUE: Planted 13 JanuaryBLACK: Planted 5 JanuaryFish 0/2Wild Brazil (Cumari) 0/2Tepin 0/2Aji Omnicolor 0/2Yellow Scotch Bonnet 0/2Goccia d'Oro 0/2Red Lantern Habanero 0/2Brain Strain 0/2Billy Boy Douglah 0/2Peruvian White Bullet Hab 0/2Kaval F-1 0/27 Pot Primo 0/27 Pot Monster Infinity 0/2Devil's Tongue Brown 0/2Bhut Jolokia Orange 0/2Black Naga 1/2Bhut Jolokia Purple 4/4 Bhut Jolokia White 4/4 Bhut Jolokia Red 4/4Bhut Jolokia Yellow 2/4 :whistle:Bhut Jolokia Chocolate 4/4 7 Pot Red 4/4 7 Pot Lg Yellow 4/4 Fatali 4/4 Chocolate Hab 4/4 Bishops Crown 4/4 Pequine 4/4 Trinidad Scorpion 3/4Established Plants:Caribbean Red x5Black Cobra x6Jalapeno x6Mucho Nacho Jalapeno x8Cayenne x6Bell x4Poblano x3Anaheim x3
SD530668.jpg
SD530717.jpg
SD530719.jpg
My 10 year old is responsible for the artwork on the cups!

Glad it showing you some action Paul! Very hot little rocketships once they finally ripen.

3/5...thanks brudda! Just trying to roll with the punches, and remember that I do this for fun and to RELAX!!! If I let myself sweat the small stuff, its counter productive. They really are doing me proud. They're really the ones "fighting the good fight" all I do is add water!

Fernando my man! That Infinity Dave sent does look scary, they all do!

Finally passed Paul in page count! :woohoo: Ok...now I quit! See you guys next season...

or maybe tomorrow, whichever comes first!

OK...tomorrow came first!
I came home tonight to TWO awesome harvests!

First from my plants...
P1020065.jpg

And then from the MAILBOX!!!
P1020066.jpg

John (Pr0digal_son) sent me a whole bunch of awesomeness! Pods include L to R top to bottom: Douglah, Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon, Yellow 7 Pot, Bhut Jolokia (seeds from pepper lover) Zanhoria Triangulo, Giant Twisted Chocolate Habanero (seeds from cmpman 1974), Not White 7 Pot, Cappuccino Scotch Bonnet...(the 3 yellows in the lower right are also Yellow 7s) Then some great seeds which you can read...I hope. Amazing care package. I have so many great pods between Dave and John...and my own plants its time for some sauce making! After some careful seed extraction on these babies!!! I plant to do vids with the Monster Infinity from Dave and one of these from John...we'll do it vote style. My vote is for one of the smaller Yellow 7's!

By the way, I had one each of the orange pumpkin looking (not) Yellow 7's from my harvest and one of the (not) Yellow Fataliis. First up was the Fatalii wannabe. Great flavor! Pretty strong Chinense flavor and SOLID heat. I know Fatalii's are not a super, but this one is pushing it. Really great pod and its going to make great powder and sauce. The pumkin looking Yellow 7's are a creeper. First taste was really sweet and didn't seem hot at all. I took another small piece and then it hit...WOW! Every bit as hot as the other Yellow 7s I've had. Hit the back of the throat and the lips the hardest. Another great one I can see making a nice sweet sauce with them or making them or even a really hot fresh salsa. The pods are really stacking up. Should be another huge harvest when I get back again Friday. What a great time of year!!!

Thanks for lookin in folks and thanks again Dave and John!

Shane

Hey shane ive really been enjoying your powders. They added a great kick to my pork ribs last night!

Talk about pods! you got em stacked up! With such a large veriety of pods i think you will have to do alot of sampling to get to know the flavors of each :) and i would love to see a vid of the indian carbon! those bad boys look brutal!

John really took care of you...those are some awesome looking pods. Your harvest is nothing to sneeze at either.

What are those cool looking pumpkin shaped peppers from your harvest? I'll have to trade you some of my Bonnet seeds for a few of those(?)

Greg

Glad the treats in your package stayed nice and firm...yikes...wait.... That "not" white 7 pot was a good pepper in IMO. I can't ID that thing. It's up to you if you want to grow those seeds out for it. Make sure you taste it before you powder,or sauce it. I used one for a jerk chicken recipe. It did the trick. Have a nice,and safe week my friend!

Hey shane ive really been enjoying your powders. They added a great kick to my pork ribs last night!

Talk about pods! you got em stacked up! With such a large veriety of pods i think you will have to do alot of sampling to get to know the flavors of each :) and i would love to see a vid of the indian carbon! those bad boys look brutal!
Yeah man...the fridge is filling up! So that's one vote for the IC...ughhh, those look pretty mean.

Always nice to come home to some pods. Before THP I always had ups come down to drop off packages. Now it's sfrb and sasbe :). Great harvest

Denniz
Bubble envelopes and FRB always coming and going around here to. Fun stuff, I never know what to expect when I check the mail these days! What a great place this is!

Some nice pods you got there Shane.
Thanks! My #'s are going to be good for about 3 more weeks...then gotta wait for round 2 on most of these.

Hi Shane
Isn't it great to have low friends in high places...
Great bunch of folks on here for sure. Unbelievable! I'm having so much fun right now, its a pity I have to work!

John really took care of you...those are some awesome looking pods. Your harvest is nothing to sneeze at either.

What are those cool looking pumpkin shaped peppers from your harvest? I'll have to trade you some of my Bonnet seeds for a few of those(?)

Greg
Hey Greg, those are some (not) Yellow 7's...I had one with dinner last night and it was amazing. Nice heat, great flavor. Unfortunately, those plants are sick and I can't trust the seeds. I am going to attempt to sanitize some and grow them out again next season, but I wouldn't send them to anyone else and jeopardize their grow with seeds potentially contaminated. I would be happy to send you some pods to sample, but you'd have to handle with care not get them or yourself near any of your plants after you handled them. I'll try to take some pics of the sickness out there this weekend so you guys know what I'm dealing with.

Glad the treats in your package stayed nice and firm...yikes...wait.... That "not" white 7 pot was a good pepper in IMO. I can't ID that thing. It's up to you if you want to grow those seeds out for it. Make sure you taste it before you powder,or sauce it. I used one for a jerk chicken recipe. It did the trick. Have a nice,and safe week my friend!
I love it when my package stays firm!!! :rofl: Don't worry about the sampling...each pod will be tasted. Very excited about them all and will now have more than enough seeds to carry me forward into next season! Working on a plan to sanitize my soil...and hope I can keep them all clean next year!

The awesome "unprovoked" kindness of the members on here is so badass! Always brightens my spirit to come on here and see my mail icon and notifications lit up. Thanks folks!

Have a great day!
Shane

Shane great harvest once again and amazing delivery I can not wait to see what you do with the sauce. I with Jamie that Douglah looks very inviting for a video experience lol.

Shane great harvest once again and amazing delivery I can not wait to see what you do with the sauce. I with Jamie that Douglah looks very inviting for a video experience lol.
Ok,,,so Fernando votes Yellow 7 as well!

Loved the change to the "Pepper Bandit" headshot! Too cool...
Thanks brudda! I was catching some flack for it over in the throwdown section!

Don't have much time, but I will post a few of today's pics for now...

P1020075.jpg

7 pot

P1020076.jpg

My 7 Pot Double Pod ripening!!! 1 pod ripe the other on the way.

P1020077.jpg

Yellow Bhut...

P1020079.jpg

Big gnarly bhut!

P1020074.jpg

Rut Rhoh....the Primos are ripening!

P1020073.jpg

Chocolate Bhut...

P1020072.jpg

BIG Brain...several have ripened this one will be painful!

P1020071.jpg

The "Not" Infinity has adopted a new phenotype...suspecting it is actually a Yellow 7!!!

P1020067.jpg

One of my sick ones...Aji Omnicolor. Still kicking out pods though!

P1020086.jpg

Ok...so what's the culprit??? I have a couple plants with pods done like this....grrrrr...and its most of the pods on those plants!

More pics later unless I get a real quick bump!

Looks great Shane the plants are still pumping great pods for you. Never had that happen before so I couldn't say. Pods are looking gnarly and with this weather we have had they might have turned to have a heat level that is at their peek. Let seen what the next pictures are...

Sorry so late...at a party. I ate the Infinity that Dave sent. Vid to follow tomorrow. Wowch...

Here are the rest of the pics from today...
P1020070.jpg

Devil's Tongue...

P1020069.jpg

Not Pequin's...these things are CHAMPS!!!

P1020068.jpg

Paper Lantern Habs...already pulled a few these babies! Can't wait to try one!

P1020082.jpg

Another awesome harvest!

P1020084.jpg

This one's for Greg...you asked about these guys. They are no doubt orange, but no doubt have some super lineage as well. Really great USABLE pods. The newer pods are about twice the size of these, but still have that pumpkin look. Thought I was going to lose this plant, but its making a comeback!

P1020085.jpg

The red 7's Great pull on these dudes today...and will have for a couple more weeks I hope.

Will go into more detail about the Infinity tomorrow when its done uploading. Freaking terrible, mean spirited, forever burning horribleness...great flavor though!

Lol can not wait to see the video. Wow man harvest that much today with the heat I was barely standing 10 mins in the sancutary before I said I'm done water break. What are your plants looking like the infected ones still producing heavy or reduced poddage. Your still producing great harvest and surely the will keep continuing through the season. Cold baby wipes relief some of the pain.

Back