• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

STC3248, Just Another Grow Log! Holiday Harvest!

Still waiting on the supers...but the rest are sprouted and under lights. This will be my first attempt at supers. Fingers crossed. I am so lost in the labels. I don't know how some of you keep them all straight??? I know I got most of them right...but had a couple random seeds pop up under the starter pellets...lolEdit: This was my STARTING listJalapenoBlack CobraMucho Nacho JalapenoBellPoblanoCaribbean RedChocolate HabaneroAnaheimCayenneTrinidad ScorpionBhut Jolokia Red/Yellow/Chocolate/White/PurpleFataliPequin ChiapasAmigo Diablo Bombay MorichDorset NagaLg Yellow 7 Pot7 Pot RedDouglahBishops Crownand OrnamentalsHere is the FINAL revised list! lol yeah right! Got some slow movers on here...GREEN: planted last night 3 February...didn't soak, so they may take a bit longer than normalORANGE: Planted 25 JanuaryBLUE: Planted 13 JanuaryBLACK: Planted 5 JanuaryFish 0/2Wild Brazil (Cumari) 0/2Tepin 0/2Aji Omnicolor 0/2Yellow Scotch Bonnet 0/2Goccia d'Oro 0/2Red Lantern Habanero 0/2Brain Strain 0/2Billy Boy Douglah 0/2Peruvian White Bullet Hab 0/2Kaval F-1 0/27 Pot Primo 0/27 Pot Monster Infinity 0/2Devil's Tongue Brown 0/2Bhut Jolokia Orange 0/2Black Naga 1/2Bhut Jolokia Purple 4/4 Bhut Jolokia White 4/4 Bhut Jolokia Red 4/4Bhut Jolokia Yellow 2/4 :whistle:Bhut Jolokia Chocolate 4/4 7 Pot Red 4/4 7 Pot Lg Yellow 4/4 Fatali 4/4 Chocolate Hab 4/4 Bishops Crown 4/4 Pequine 4/4 Trinidad Scorpion 3/4Established Plants:Caribbean Red x5Black Cobra x6Jalapeno x6Mucho Nacho Jalapeno x8Cayenne x6Bell x4Poblano x3Anaheim x3
SD530668.jpg
SD530717.jpg
SD530719.jpg
My 10 year old is responsible for the artwork on the cups!

Well finally got most of the supers (missing white and purple bhut's still) in the germination tray cooking along at 85 degrees. The rest of my peppers are coming along nicely. I even had a couple triple leave sprouts pop up one Caribbean Red and one Cayenne! I also found a nursery selling 5 gal containers for $1 so I am
heading out there today for those and some potting soil supplies.

SD530722.jpg

Triple leaf Cayenne

SD530733.jpg

...and same for a Caribbean Red

SD530721.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Still waiting for the supers to pop! They are cooking at a nice even 83 degrees...getting my sites prepped...also picked up 20 5 gallon containers to help out and I have 3 smaller areas to work with...still don't know if its all going to fit!

SanDiego-20120103-00188.jpg

SanDiego-20120107-00194.jpg

Thanks for looking...and no of course my pool isn't green!

You are going to have one heck of a corner garden with all those peppers! Saying that the colors once they start ripening will be beautiful with all of them in there.

First "Super Hook"!!! Lg yellow 7 pot! 3 pequines popped today too! I am already out of room on the grow table. Time to put the Jalapenos in a window to fend for themselves!

Congrats on the great start! And that is a heck of a growlist. i think id have trouble with that many lables too!

Thanks! Yeah...my biggest concern is that I will be giving away some of these plants and don't want to think I gave someone a bell pepper but actually gave them a 7 pot. lol

Got some more super hooks today! Couple chocolate habs are up and running as well as my first bhut and 3 Bishops Crowns...

Germination Update:
Bhut Jolokia Red 2/4
Yellow 0/4
Chocolate 0/4
Purple 0/4 (planted yesterday)
White 0/4 (planted yesterday)
7 Pot Red 2/4
7 Pot Yellow 3/4
Fatali 1/4
Chocolate Hab 3/4
Bishops Crown 3/4
Pequine 3/4
Trinidad Scorpion 2/4

Established Plants:
Caribbean Red x5
Black Cobra x6
Jalapeno x6
Mucho Nacho Jalapeno x8
Cayenne x7
Bell x4
Poblano x3
Anaheim x3

A little worried about my Chocolate and Yellow Bhuts...but they're still on the mat. Everything else that was planted last weekend has at least one candidate! Also mixed up a Yellow 7 Pot with a pequin label...think I got it figured out, but time will tell for sure on those. Been real busy with a new job and brutal commute...maybe pics tomorrow.

SD530730.jpg

SD530731.jpg

Cayenne

SD530760.jpg

Triple Triple Caribbean Red

SD530734.jpg

SD530736.jpg

Black Cobra (aka goatweed)

Germination Update:
Bhut Jolokia Red 2/4
Yellow 0/4
Chocolate 0/4
Purple 0/4 (planted yesterday)
White 0/4 (planted yesterday)
7 Pot Red 2/4
7 Pot Yellow 3/4
Fatali 2/4
Chocolate Hab 3/4
Bishops Crown 3/4
Pequine 4/4
Trinidad Scorpion 2/4

Established Plants:
Caribbean Red x5
Black Cobra x6
Jalapeno x6
Mucho Nacho Jalapeno x8
Cayenne x7
Bell x4
Poblano x3
Anaheim x3
Need to double check my numbers...I only know where 2 of the 3 Chocolate habs are??? and same with yellow 7 pot/pequine...I'll just have to wait till they get a little bigger to figure it out I guess. lol. Knew it was just a matter of time. Also planted my White and Purple Bhuts and moved the soak cups before I labeled them...those will be easy enough to tell which is which once they sprout I hope!

Thanks for looking!

My first Chocolate and Yellow Bhuts finally decided to join the party! Now if I can get at least one white and purple I'll be set. Hoping to see them by next weekend. Once I move my new sprouts out of the peat pellets and into pots I am officially OUT OF ROOM! I have another shelf I may need to get set up soon. Or I may just put the annuums in a window...potting up today, we'll see.

Germination Update:
Bhut Jolokia Red 2/4
Yellow 1/4
Chocolate 1/4
Purple 0/4 (planted 01/13)
White 0/4 (planted 01/13)
7 Pot Red 2/4
7 Pot Yellow 3/4
Fatali 3/4
Chocolate Hab 3/4
Bishops Crown 4/4
Pequine 4/4
Trinidad Scorpion 3/4

Established Plants:
Caribbean Red x5
Black Cobra x6
Jalapeno x6
Mucho Nacho Jalapeno x8
Cayenne x6
Bell x4
Poblano x3
Anaheim x3

Hope your grows are going as well as mine! No real issues with the plants so far. I do have one cayenne with a little leaf curl. I am bottom watering every 2-3 days with 1/2 strength nutes + 1 tsp epsom salts once weekly.

Germination Update:
Bhut Jolokia Red 4/4
Yellow 1/4 :banghead:
Chocolate 1/4 :banghead:
Purple 4/4 (planted 01/13) :cool: :cool: All up in 4 days!
White 3/4 (planted 01/13)
7 Pot Red 2/4
7 Pot Lg Yellow 4/4 :cool:
Fatali 4/4 :cool:
Chocolate Hab 3/4
Bishops Crown 4/4 :cool:
Pequine 4/4 :cool:
Trinidad Scorpion 3/4

Established Plants:
Caribbean Red x5
Black Cobra x6
Jalapeno x6
Mucho Nacho Jalapeno x8
Cayenne x6
Bell x4
Poblano x3
Anaheim x3
Tried some different soil options...explains some of the yellow leaves. Now I know what is up! I will re-pot the smaller ones.

SD530746.jpg

All planted together...only difference is soil! Switching to Kellogg for all my seedlings.

SD530747.jpg

Mucho Nacho...

SD530750.jpg

Mucho Nacho...

SD530752.jpg

Goatweed/Black Cobra...

SD530755.jpg

Caribbean Red...

SD530753.jpg

My outdoor overwinter area/makeshift greenhouse. Just added a heater, so the emergency frost
protection lights will come out...Once again notice the difference soil makes. Each of the small
yellow plants are in the same crappy soil.

SD530754.jpg

Another view of the Ghetto-Greenhouse!

SD530757.jpg

A few more left to germinate yet, and these seedlings remain in the indoor grow area.

I have started a few worm farms and two large compost areas...raining today, will post some pics of those tomorrow if it clears up!
Thanks for looking,
Shane

Shane, none of your pictures are visible for me. There's just little boxes where they are supposed to be. What site do you upload your photos to?

... but your grow "sounds" real nice anyway :lol:

Yeah...I've been using twitpic...and they're visible for me from home and work, but randomly disappear. I may switch to a different site. Some folks can see them and some not??? I don't get it, I already had an account with them through my twitter and was trying to avoid having to start another photo site.

Shane, none of your pictures are visible for me. There's just little boxes where they are supposed to be. What site do you upload your photos to?

... but your grow "sounds" real nice anyway :lol:

Can you see them now? I switched to photobucket...

Nice start with your plant, That "Goat's Weed" is a pretty cool looking plant when it has black and red ripened chili's on it at the same time

Greg

Nice start with your plant, That "Goat's Weed" is a pretty cool looking plant when it has black and red ripened chili's on it at the same time

Greg
Yeah...I got these seeds off a plant that had frosted back at the nursery. They gave it to me for free. She took most of the pods to feed her parrot, but left 5 or 6. I dried the seeds and had 100% germinate, better yet, I cut that plant back and put in out in the greenhouse and it has new growth all over it! You can see it in the back center of the first greenhouse pick in the largest pot...

Yes! I can see them now! Thanks for switching them! I could tell by everyone's comments that other people could see them, so not sure why they weren't visible for me.

Love the pepper lights on your grow stand!!!

So is the 3 leaved cayenne just an anomaly, or some special variety?

Back