•  

Photo

STC3248, Just Another Grow Log! Holiday Harvest!

CFL T8 greenhouse grafting soil videos review

• Please log in to reply
1599 replies to this topic

#1581 PaulG

PaulG

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 10,723 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

Family first, buddy! THP will still be here!

:dance: Every Pod a Victory!  Life Force is Strong!

Pimenta de Neyde x Bonda Ma Jacques - Community Grow 

#1582 stc3248

stc3248

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,341 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

Well...I've been slacking on here. So time to get caught up! Had some frost several days this week, and most of the plants are as Pia put it "Done to the done done!" A couple look no worse for the wear though???

Posted Image
Red Lanterns hurtin' but still kicking...

Posted Image
Wild Brazil...covered up in pods and still blooming??? The only plants with no visible frost damage...really like these plants!

Posted Image
Another of the wild brazil...if you look closely you can see the blooms its still putting out.

Posted Image
Yellow 7's...done. :mope:

Posted Image
Bhut...done. :tear:

Posted Image
Yellow Bhut...done. . :cry:

Posted Image
Poblano's...done. :violin:

Posted Image
Frost damage on the other Yellow 7...

Posted Image
Jamaican hot yellows...

Posted Image
Hurting, but not done yet! :party:

Many more to post...bump P P p p please!!!

www.imarunnut.blogspot.com/

#1583 stickman

stickman

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

Bump!
Welcome back big guy!
The Hot Pepper... If self-immolation is your goal... we're here to help! Posted Image

#1584 stc3248

stc3248

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,341 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

Thanks RIck!!! Good to be back bro-ham!!! Here's a few more!!!

Posted Image
Bishop's crown still has hundreds of pods on it. Reached around 10' tall...awesome plant this season. Great table pepper right off the plant...

Posted Image
Pequin X still pushin 'em out! and none the worse for the wear. All the wilds look un-phased by the recent frosts...

Posted Image
Here's today's pull...Still a couple out there, but may yank them all tomorrow and let the rest ripen on the pulled plants.

Posted Image
Jamaican Hot Yellows...

Posted Image
Wild Brazils

Posted Image
Goccia D' Oro...another must grow again plant. Sweeter Bell flavor on a 5' tall plant. Great plant.

Posted Image
Yellow Bhuts...

Posted Image
Yellow 7's

Posted Image
Two awesome care packages came last week...about a million seeds from Paul and some of the coolest powders ever from Kevin!!! Thanks Fellas!!! :party: I am going to have a terrible time figuring out what to grow this season??? :dance:

Posted Image
Here's a closeup ot the little bottles O'love Kevin sent along with his baggie of Rainforest Fire smoked Congo Trinindad powder...gonna give one of these a ride a little later.Those are a couple smallish Jals for comparison.

Will probably close out my season between now and New Years....time to start some seeds!!!

Shane

#1585 megamoo

megamoo

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:12 AM

Sad to see plants dying but you got some good harvests at the end there!

Is the Goccia D' Oro sweet? No heat at all?
There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do - Freya Stark
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. - W. Churchill
Mooglog  http://thehotpepper....oglog-20132014/

#1586 stickman

stickman

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:32 AM

Hi Shane
Nice shots of the end of the season! It's been a hellova run this year, eh?

We're off to the Great White North this morning to spend Christmas with my MIL, who's up in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada. She's 91, and we're visiting during the holiday while we can. Who knows how many more we'll have with her. When we get back, I'm taking a page from your book and starting the long-season chiles the first weekend in January to give them enough time to get a little size before planting out around mid-April.

Warm wishes for a happy and healthy holiday season to you and yours from the stickman family.
Posted Image
The Hot Pepper... If self-immolation is your goal... we're here to help! Posted Image

#1587 stc3248

stc3248

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,341 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:27 AM

Sad to see plants dying but you got some good harvests at the end there!

Is the Goccia D' Oro sweet? No heat at all?

Yeah...been ready to pull them for a while, but didn't have the heart. They've done me proud this season for sure. I wish I would have taken a page out of Paul's book and been more meticulous with #'s and measures, but it was all I could do to keep up with the harvests! Nice problem to have, still trying to sort out a grow list for this year...we'll have to see what makes the cut!

The Goccia D' Oro is mild, but may have about as much kick as one of my Poblanos??? A little more flavorful and quite a bit sweeter than a bell. Not sure they are true Goccia D' Oros either??? Can't find a pic, I got the seeds from Pash in a trade. True or not...it was a great plant.

Hi Shane
Nice shots of the end of the season! It's been a hellova run this year, eh?

We're off to the Great White North this morning to spend Christmas with my MIL, who's up in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada. She's 91, and we're visiting during the holiday while we can. Who knows how many more we'll have with her. When we get back, I'm taking a page from your book and starting the long-season chiles the first weekend in January to give them enough time to get a little size before planting out around mid-April.

Warm wishes for a happy and healthy holiday season to you and yours from the stickman family.

Thanks Rick! Be safe on the road brother! Seems as though anymore the holiday season brings out the worst road rage of the year. Seems like every time I go to the store these days I get cut off, screamed at or almost run off the road by 60ish yo ladies blaring Christmas music...sad.

I will be starting seeds soon myself...maybe??? :rofl:

#1588 SocalChilehead

SocalChilehead

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

Great harvest and gifts you got there your season was amazing to see with the bags and bags of pods. Have great Christmas and New Year with your family and can not wait to see your new season start over again.

#1589 highalt

highalt

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

I can relate to the whole refocusing on family thing. When I started working part time, I had no idea how much that would cut into my recreational (ie. pepper) time. There were 3 or 4 bowls full of peppers from my final harvest that never did get processed. Some of them dried on their own, but a lot had to be thrown out. It felt horrible wasting all that hard work, but I had to take care of the family. The only reason I'm even on here to post on a glog or two, is that my daughter is sick, and I can't go to the Christmas Eve service tonight with the rest of the family.

Anyway, I really just stopped by to tell you how much I enjoyed following your grow this past year, and look forward to whatever you are able to do this next season. Even if you have to scale it back a bit, I bet it will still be awesome!

Merry Christmas, and best wishes for the New Year!

#1590 stc3248

stc3248

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,341 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:17 AM

Great harvest and gifts you got there your season was amazing to see with the bags and bags of pods. Have great Christmas and New Year with your family and can not wait to see your new season start over again.

Always great to hear from you Fernando!!! Merry Christmas to you too buddy! Just got done watching Elf with the family, and ready to hit the hay so Santa can do his thang!!! Hope you and your family are well my friend!

I can relate to the whole refocusing on family thing. When I started working part time, I had no idea how much that would cut into my recreational (ie. pepper) time. There were 3 or 4 bowls full of peppers from my final harvest that never did get processed. Some of them dried on their own, but a lot had to be thrown out. It felt horrible wasting all that hard work, but I had to take care of the family. The only reason I'm even on here to post on a glog or two, is that my daughter is sick, and I can't go to the Christmas Eve service tonight with the rest of the family.

Anyway, I really just stopped by to tell you how much I enjoyed following your grow this past year, and look forward to whatever you are able to do this next season. Even if you have to scale it back a bit, I bet it will still be awesome!

Merry Christmas, and best wishes for the New Year!

Sorry to hear your little one is ill...mine is sick too Hit real quick. Bummer our little ones are not well for Santa's arrival. Hope your little one is better soon! I started breaking out the "Grow-Gear" and bought some new CFL's and fixtures yesterday. Seeds will be in peat pellets by Saturday!!!Now if I could just figure out which ones???

I threw some sauce together over the past few days...
Posted Image
Yellow Bhuts+
Posted Image
Manzanos+

Posted Image
+

Posted Image
smoke...

Posted Image
More smoke...

Posted Image

Posted Image
Blended...

Posted Image
Then Juiced...

Posted Image
Some garlic and onion added back in...

Posted Image
= BhutMan BBQ sauce...

Merry Christmas THPers!!!

#1591 stc3248

stc3248

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,341 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:50 AM

A few more...

I finally pulled all but a few plants.
Posted Image
The rootball on one of my Manzanos...the bottom had started to rot out, but it was solid all the way down. 15# container...

Posted Image
Here is the base of the Brain Strain tree...before I cut it down.

Posted Image
For Christmas eve I fired up the smoker for some Yard Bird and the new BBQ Sauce...I thinned some out with butter and injected it and based with some mixed with Olive Oil...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Mmmmmmmmm...

And for Christmas Dinner...
Posted Image

Posted Image
A nice little Prime Rib...I will post up a few pics later!!!

Merry Christmas errybody!!!
Shane

Edited by stc3248, 25 December 2012 - 08:02 AM.

#1592 stickman

stickman

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

Hi Shane, and Merry Christmas from St John, NB. Sorry to hear there's illness in the family.. hope all is well soon and you can relax and have a good time this holiday. Cheers!
bump

Edited by stickman, 25 December 2012 - 08:00 AM.

#1593 stc3248

stc3248

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,341 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

Hi Shane, and Merry Christmas from St John, NB. Sorry to hear there's illness in the family.. hope all is well soon and you can relax and have a good time this holiday. Cheers!
bump

My younger daughter is still real sick... :mope: she barely made it through opening presents this morning. Broke my heart to see her so down on Christmas...

We had a great one other than that, and topped it off with a great meal...
Posted Image
Started out with the almost 15lb prime added the rub...

Posted Image
Decided to scale it back a bit and cut and cut a few ribeyes off to save for later...

Posted Image
into the oven at 450 for 15 minutes then into the smoker for about 3.5 hours at 250 with apple and hickory chips...

Posted Image
Finished front side...

Posted Image
and the back...

Posted Image
The cut open view...

Posted Image
Final plate up...ended up a little blurry, but you get the general idea. It didn't last long!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas weekend, back to the salt mines tomorrow for me.

Shane

#1594 Pr0digal_son

Pr0digal_son

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,526 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:50 AM

You are loving that camera huh? Did your daughter get to use it yet? I noticed my wilds and annuums put up a good fight against the frost. They were holding up in mid 20 low temps,my chinense plants laid down like a cheap date though.

#1595 KiNGDeNNiZ

KiNGDeNNiZ

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,301 posts
  • aka:KiNGDeNNiZ

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:24 AM

Nice looking prime there Shane. Hope all is well with your little one. Being sick is Definately no bueno. I recall as a kid one Christmas I don't even recall. All my family told me was I didnt want to wake up or open gifts. Smoked goods look great. Makes me want to sell my propane smoker so I can buy electrc

#1596 RocketMan

RocketMan

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,433 posts
  • aka:RM
  • (x2)

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

Posted Image
= BhutMan BBQ sauce...

Merry Christmas THPers!!!

APPROVED and Damn good looking sauce there Bro-man!
Sorry to hear about the little one, hopefully she be back on her feet quickly.

Wishes for a Great New Year and a Bodacious Grow Season
Bill
Answering The Call For Fire!  If you can't stand the Heat, don't tickle the Dragon!

#1597 stc3248

stc3248

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,341 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

You are loving that camera huh? Did your daughter get to use it yet? I noticed my wilds and annuums put up a good fight against the frost. They were holding up in mid 20 low temps,my chinense plants laid down like a cheap date though.

Most of my pics I'm still taking with old faithful...but playing with the new one is fun and a learning experience. One Chinense hanging on...Red Lantern. The rest are goners. 7 Plants total still kicking. Will let them go a bit longer or till they croak.

Nice looking prime there Shane. Hope all is well with your little one. Being sick is Definately no bueno. I recall as a kid one Christmas I don't even recall. All my family told me was I didnt want to wake up or open gifts. Smoked goods look great. Makes me want to sell my propane smoker so I can buy electrc

She's all better now...and as lovable as a teenage girl can be I suppose :crazy: :snooty: Propane, electric...neither match up with the real deal old school smokers.

APPROVED and Damn good looking sauce there Bro-man!
Sorry to hear about the little one, hopefully she be back on her feet quickly.

Wishes for a Great New Year and a Bodacious Grow Season
Bill

Its pretty good...still tweaking. I think more bourbon would do the trick!

I pulled a few pods today, but nothing worth posting. I did however get an awesome seed package...
Posted Image
THANKS FERNANDO!!! Don't know all that will make the list...but the 7 white is a pretty good bet!!!

Well can anyone guess what's about to happen at the Caver house???
Posted Image
Will be sorting through everything tonight...time to figure it out and get them soaking!!! :dance:

By the way...if anyone has a couple of known good Reaper seeds to spare I am willing to trade you some good stuff for them...

Its almost 2013 and I will be starting a new (much more abbreviated) glog as soon as seeds get dirty!

Shane

#1598 stickman

stickman

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

:woohoo: Excellent bro... I'll be looking out for it!

#1599 stc3248

stc3248

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,341 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

Aight folks...that's all for 2012. :mope:

Here is the new link for 2013!!!

http://thehotpepper....re-we-go-again/
:party:

#1600 stickman

stickman

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

It's been an education and a lot of fun to follow your glog this past year Shane. Take care, have a well-earned rest, and we'll catch you on the other side of the year. Cheers! :dance:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CFL, T8, greenhouse, grafting, soil, videos, review

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests