Cant upload a pic to my profile?

Can someone tell me why i cant upload a pic to my profile. I have tried different pics and different sizes>> Frustrating lol.

Could be file size, dimensions, or file extension. Once all three are correct there are 0 issues with uploading.

hey comfy,

when i click on my .jpeg file, on my computer, it opens with Windows Photo Gallery. it may be different on your computer but if, by using windows explorer, you click on your picture and it does open in windows photo gallery then if you click on <file>, then <properties>, you will get all the information about your picture. of course your picture may be in a different format, like .tiff or .bmp but if it is a .jpeg then here are my properties: file size is 113KB, dimensions are: 640 X 480.

start by creating a picture with these dimensions and see if that works for you.

good luck, champ

okay, 2 options, send me your picture with your login and i will upload your pic or i am assuming you are using internet explorer and you can try changing to chrome and trying to upload.

i am here to help.

I had a problem uploading an image too!
The text said we "Recommend an image 200px or larger"
I found it only worked when I used an image *less* than 200px :)
M

i been a member here for some time now and have to ask others to do it for me, i know its not impossable because others do it

however i wish they would find a way to make it easier to do and not so many restrictions on file size, not everyone is a computer geek or wants to take the time to downsize a file so it fits the requierments of the site, yahoo has an excellent system that i like very much i wondering if they could employ a system similar to it?? that would be great!!

i really love this site with all my heart, but i wish they would make some changes to make things eaiser, even though i know my friends dont mind doing it for me i would really rather do it myself

thanks so much your friend Joe

For what it's worth, I have had luck using a direct link to my photos, which I upload to Photobucket (the free version.)

I size my photos in PhotoShop Elements 2 before uploading to PhotoBucket. The uploading is super easy. Then I mouse over the picture I want to use in PhotoBucket, and select the 'direct link' button in the menu that pops up. It will say 'copied' in the little window when it's done copying the link. Then I go to my forum post, and select the little image button from the editor (the one that looks like a little picture.) Then I just paste the link into the url text entry box that shows up, and the picture appears where my cursor is in the post. I just use the straight .jpg images from my camera. I can't imagine what kind of issues would keep a photo from uploading. I accidently uploaded a 3 or 4 MB picture to my blog, and it showed up. As I said the 'direct link' seems to work best for me.

Let me know how it goes. It might be worth it to sign up for PhotoBucket. It's free and really easy to use. Just be patient to wait for things to happen when you click on a button or link.

P.S. One of the forum members, Josh, has a guide he's written at

http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/14109-posting-pictures/page__fromsearch__1

Perhaps it would be helpful.

I also had been wondering why it wasn't working just uploading the jpeg from my computer. Then I tried a direct link from photobucket and that didn't work. I finally got mine to work by downsizing on photobucket to a 320 x 240 and then direct link. :D

I also had been wondering why it wasn't working just uploading the jpeg from my computer. Then I tried a direct link from photobucket and that didn't work. I finally got mine to work by downsizing on photobucket to a 320 x 240 and then direct link. :D

i wondered the same thing

in one of my other replies i mentioned Yahoo's format, Yahoo's format allows you to take the pic right from your computer and allows you to send up (i think) 20 mbs
i wonder if they could come up with a system such as this??

thanks your friend Joe

t

http://
6706866681_d6ff539b49_b.jpg

Here's one for you. Your black nagas. As far as I know- right click on image, copy image url and tick on the colour box on the top of THP entry window mate for Edit profile- should say edit photo.I'm not sure if you have to add attachments form your disc drive, or can use a URL link like this example. Your mate Rich.

Edit my profile- change photo- two choices

1- attach
2- import

important- important means you could choose a URL link .
To add a photo choose it, right click
choose Copy image URL
paste it to the line important
Add it to the import box then click OK or add box.

For what it's worth i cannot figure out how to link pics or change avatar from my Android platform. I am sure it can be done but not by me!
Give me a computer though and i could have a Dwarf ninja as my avatar right quick! Bloody newfangled technology. :)

For what it's worth i cannot figure out how to link pics or change avatar from my Android platform. I am sure it can be done but not by me!
Give me a computer though and i could have a Dwarf ninja as my avatar right quick! Bloody newfangled technology. :)

Nova I sent you a pm but seems your box is full. I would be more happy to show you how to load pics via Android device.

ajijoe you could try this website: http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

It allows you to add a picture and it will resize it for you - just pick a size of 200! :)

However, it would be better if this site did the job for you!

yes thats my whole point why cant the site just automatically do for us??, i dont like messing around with photo sites too much, i never seem to stay with them, i loose interst quickly with them, im too busy and never seem to get back to them very much, i prefur to have my pics on my computer where i can get to them quickly

thanks your friend Joe

Back