• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Fatalii x Chocolate Bhut Jolokia F1, F2

Last season I crossed two of my favorite peppers, a Chocolate Bhut Jolokia and a Fatalii, the Choco Bhut was nice and gnarly and the Fatalii was long and truly yellow. I've been real curious to see what color this would ripen, well here it is.

FataliixChocoBhut.jpg

FataliixChocoBhut2.jpg

Now if the seed looks good in there I suppose I could try to grow the F2 this year too.

Thanks guys, I have 5 pods all developed from an isolated situation. The pod is small from being grown in a 3-gallon pot indoors with little light et cetera. I'm real curious about the taste too, I'll take pics of the sliced open pod and tell you how it is. But what I'm really going for is finding a solid yellow phenotype in F2 - I want me a new Yellow Bhut ;-)

Nice cross....nooo Great Cross Charlie congrats, cant wait to see apic of it cut open and a profile of its taste PM on the way

Thanks everyone, I'm pretty excited about it too. I have a few more F1 seedlings growing that will be going out into the garden when the time comes to provide additional seed for my F2 search for a solid yellow.

That's one cool looking pod. I can't believe I missed this. I too am very excited to see the end color and hear about the taste. Nice cross :)

Brandon

Back