Hello there.

Just started picking habaneros from my first plants. I've harvested 10 of what will hopefully be 60 (that's peppers, not plants!), and have them going in my new inexpensive dehydrator. It's a Nesco 500 Watts. Hoping to grind them to use flaked on all sorts of stuff.

Yee ha!:cool:

Mr Heat Miser said:
Just started picking habaneros from my first plants. I've harvested 10 of what will hopefully be 60 (that's peppers, not plants!), and have them going in my new inexpensive dehydrator. It's a Nesco 500 Watts. Hoping to grind them to use flaked on all sorts of stuff.

Yee ha!:)
Watch yer nesco. I've used it for assorted herbs and deer jerky prior for 3 years but see it peters out after a couple years. Too be on the safe side, the deer jerky is gonna get dehydrated in the oven.

welcome to the boards, and good luck with your plants! one of these days i'll have my own, and i'm sure i'll be bugging the lot of you for answers. :lol:

gday and welcome to the hottest place on the 'net MHM!

make sure your pods are very dry and brittle if you are going to make flakes out of them. you will know if they are dry enough if the seeds are crunchy and the flakes don't clump together in the jar.

Thanks for the greetings everybody. The first small batch of habs dried out great. Wicked heat.:lol: Will probably work towards a powder instead of the flakes, although I'm guessing more care will be required.

See you in other threads!

"I'm Mr. Heat Miser, I'm Mr.Sun....I'm Mr. Hundred Degree Man...."
Ooops, reliving my childhood there..........

Welcome!

-DD-

Back