• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review Kneppers Peppers; review: PineyHabExtreme

Okay, Brian is in the Chute again!
This time around it is gonna be Piney Hab Extreme......
1. The obvious one..straight outta the bottle, uhh ohh, no orifice ,,,, ;)!
The pepper smells hit you immediately, then the scent of the pineapple-smells really good.
Nice and thick....fine puree almost.
Taste, hab/naga right off,sliding right into the tangy sweetness of the fruit.
What a suprise(hahaha-kidding)NOT!MMMMM..Now for about a half a teaspoon...nice bite, doing the naga/hab sneaky burn thing, the pepper flavors not exceeding the FLAVOR flavor, feeling a light flush and a sheen of sweat.
2 minutes later another half a spoonful...20 seconds to more flushing, good all around mouth sting-fruit flavor really hangin in there.To me this is within the ideal heat window.A clear winner, especially for those leaning to the warmer side;).Leaves me hungry for more.....and just plain HUNGRY.

2.Food testing: a. Eggs, over medium-oh man, spot on.
b. Hot chicken soup, geez Capt Metronome here...spot on, hotter then before(hot soup seems to amplify
as long as it not the thick stuff)
c. Red Sapper Ceviche,-made 4 hours ago...JUST FOR THIS REVIEW. Man the selfless hell I put yself
for you all!!! About a pound of filleted snappage, juice of 2 limes,1lemon,1 satsuma orange,3/4 small red onions 4 fresh smashed diced garlic cloves,3 diced green onions. Salt/pepper to taste. 1 Tbspn PHE....
PINEYX.jpg

I tried add the last line a gazillion times and the review would just disintgrate into frags!!!!!So this a 2 part review.

...spot on, go get you some-you will like it....a solid 9! ..another winner from Brian.

psyched to hear as I ordered some yesterday to go with my HABermelon (which I ordered based on another review here!)

I basically flipped a coin between all their sauces because they all sound excellent - but I love pineapple, so I went with this one.
:D

Thanks for the validation!

Ps - you're a little too concerned with his orifice. just sayin'

hahaha

Got a bottle of this in my fridge. It definitely brings the heat! Nice and thick too, the way I like em. Great review!

Ps - you're a little too concerned with his orifice. just sayin'

hahaha
Your sir , are a true Bastidge!!!! But you have now allowed me to post an extremely unique review technique- he he ,....
It REALLY clears the sinuses when blown through your nose backwards.....whew ~funny shit

Gotta say - I cooked up a TON of tri-tip for the Niners game, and used Knepper's Peppers throughout. I featured the Piney-Hab as a condiment and marinated 1/2 of my Tri-Tips in Santa Maria + HABermelon.

The HABermelon added a perfect amount of sweet-heat to the tri-tip and seared in beautifully. Everyone was raving about how tasty it was. Dripping some piney-hab onto it while eating it did the trick for those of us who wanted just a bit more heat. The sweetness of the pineapple is really the calm before the storm, but it all mellows with food perfectly.

Even after cooking into the roast though the HABermelon left a 5-10 min burn on the lips and kept everyone going back for more.

I've not yet tried the extreme piney-hab, but I'm excited to do so at my next opportunity.

Conclusion: Kneppers Peppers sauces are no joke. I'm a big fan - this is really excellent stuff!
:D

Back