• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Beehunters Grow log - Now with Awkward video update.

Hey all. As you can see im new here and new to gardening in general. Ive been lurking around the site for a while now preparing for this grow. Ive got some African birds eye that just sprouted and soaking some other seeds now to go in the incubator tonight. Ill post pics of the sprouts later. Figured this is a good way to get to know people and great place to get advice.
Happy growing!

The Beehunter

P1100199-1.jpg

Good luck with the "bird's", those are nice chili's to snack on. I use a variety of those and make a Piri-Piri sauce.

Greg

Man who are you guys using to host images? im having a horrible time trying to use photo bucket to post here. can i upload direct from my comp or do i need a host?

Ya I had a hard time to figure it out too----the trick is to go to album after you upload the pic and then click on the pic you want to send---a list will appear as soom as you click on it and then just click on the lowest line and it will say it is copied. Then all you have to do is go to the Hot Paeeper edit or reply screen and just click on the file and it will put the pic in the body---DO NOT open that image ICON on the top---it does not work for the pics.

That is atleast what I do and it works---Good luck

thanks for the help on the image posting. Theres my Birds eye shoots. I hope to be updating when i get some more sprouts.

Into the incubator today went:

Orange habs
Bhuts
and Hungarian Hot wax.

Hopeing to add a few more but we will see how it goes.

Few more going into the incubator tonight!
Adding

Yellow 7pots
Red TS
Choc Bhuts

Only waiting on a few more seeds to come in the mail and ill be 100% All though i do have some Ancho seeds im thinking of starting. But i gotta see if i have the space!

Beehunter=Small time Maybe if i could get rid of some of my other hobbies....

100_0063.jpg
Above is Orange hab and Hungarian Hot wax poping through.
100_0066.jpg

Birds Eye Getting some true leaves and coming along nicely

Starting to see some Hooks on the bhuts for the first time today.
And forgot to update but 5 days ago the yellow 7 pots and Red Scorps went into the incubator. Fulling enjoying my grow at the moment!

Welcome to the wonderful world of growing peppers. One of the greatest hobbies known to man.

What are your plans for the multiple seedlings in the Jiffy pots?

Welcome to the wonderful world of growing peppers. One of the greatest hobbies known to man.

What are your plans for the multiple seedlings in the Jiffy pots?

Not sure just yet. Probably cull the weeker one. but if they both seem strong and i dont have any problems seperating the roots when i pot up then i might try and keep both. Any suggestions?

My "work with whatcha got" grow area.

101_0084.jpg

101_0085.jpg

101_0086.jpg

Im learning as i go here. so if anyone sees anything thats just completely wrong or sees something i could change or improve please let me know. I am using two Cfls for this so far. Im growing 10 varieties and am hoping to keep one plant from each. but we will see if i can keep enough light on them for them to last until they can go out onto the balcony in the spring.

Multiple plants in a single pot usually doesn't make a difference, best to have one plant per pot. You'll want to keep the lights close to the plants, I try to keep them within 2-3 inches, you get stronger stems. No need to pot up until you get at least one set of true leaves. They're pretty fragile at this stage, best to let them develop some roots prior to potting them up.

Multiple plants in a single pot usually doesn't make a difference, best to have one plant per pot. You'll want to keep the lights close to the plants, I try to keep them within 2-3 inches, you get stronger stems. No need to pot up until you get at least one set of true leaves. They're pretty fragile at this stage, best to let them develop some roots prior to potting them up.

Thanks Patrick sounds good. i will in the end only have one plant per pot. i wanted to let the multiple plants grow in the same pot for a while then i plan to remove the weakest of the three.

Back