• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Patricks 2012 Pepper Grow Log

Here we go again! Time is just jetting by and it's hard to believe it's time to get started again. It is though and ain't that wonderful!

I may be moving this summer so going small this year. Here's what I got started tonight:

7 Pot Brain Strain x 4
7 Pot Congo x 2
7 Pot x 3
Armageddon x 2
Bengal Naga x 3
Bhut Jolokia, Caramel color x 6
Not the Black Naga x 2
SB7J x 4
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T x 10
Trinidad Scorpion Morouga Blend x 6

The seeds are in coco coir in 3 oz dixie cups. They will be covered and on a heat mat with the temp set at 84F.

DSC014391600x1200.jpg

Thanks Kyle. Looking forward to yours too buddy.

Bootsieb, the Armageddon pepper is a Giant Naga Morich/Douglah cross created by Vladan. I believe Chris has pics of it in his 2011 grow log. Wicked looking monster with oodles of heat.

Alright.....as the puzzle takes shape....now some of the heavy northern growers start to step in........cool

Hey Patrick, how is the overwntering process going, I know you had a couple plants under the HID.

I was able to germinate 5/6 of your SB7J's.....I'll have to post a photo next time I update my glog

Good luck with your start, you have a few varieties that I don't...can't wait to see the progress

Greg

Well about time man! jk :D

Just make sure the house you move into has a nice sunny backyard, wait.. why am I even telling you this? lol. Even though your goin small this year this sure should be fun to watch again. I really hope hail doesn't show up this year during your plant out. Also, bengal naga huh? sounds interesting.. any pictures by chance? btw, the SBJ7 cross's are doing well, along with the madballz, thanks again my friend. Best of luck to you.

Brandon

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. Not sure how but I resisted taking the lid off of the seed tray this morning to see if any seeds have sprouted yet. :rolleyes:

SoCal our last frost date is usually around the middle of May. I try to get all of the plants outside by the end of May. The season usually ends around the end of September but last year we had a nice long warm fall so some of the plants were out past the middle of October.

Greg, I still have a Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate AISPES plant growing inside but I'm losing the fight with the aphids. I can't spray any pesticide in the house because of my spiders so its been hand to hand combat with the bastages for the most part. The plant is kicking out bud after bud but within a few days they start turning black as the aphids get on it. I'm going to banish it to the garage before the new seeds get to going. Can't have the freaking things on the new plants. Hopefully it will go dormant in the garage and I can revive it in the spring. Then a big dose of bug killing juice will be applied. Glad to hear the SB7J seeds are alive and kicking.

Millman, well said my friend.

Brandon, good to hear the seeds are germinating, hope they grow into monsters for you. Thanks for the no hail thought, hope it works.

I don't know much about the Bengal Naga I'm afraid. A fellow THP'er offered the seeds to me along with a description of severe wickedness so I HAD to give them a try. I'll see if I can locate a photo.

Edit: I found a video of a couple of chiliheads munching on one. Doesn't look very fun to me. http://www.google.co...PdZlGHQ&cad=rja

and the season starts....sooooooo.......what's a 7 pot congo(same as a brown?) I'm fully 7'd up, except for Burgundy, and SB7J.
One last order still out, and I STILL HAVE WET FEET.....but when I hit the beach in about a week .. :fireball:

The aphids......... :flamethrower: :flamethrower:
:flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower:
Good luck !
DJ

Can't wait to follow your grow Patrick. That stinks you are gonna move. I will grow some of your madballz's and send you some pods . If I am lucky enough too :cool:

jamie

Good luck to you Patrick! The 7Pot Brain Strain you sent has germinated in my first round of testing! So 3 seeds are in the medium now--it will be one of the early birds..... :cool:

Patrick -
I hit my aphid problem on my over-wintered Giant White Hab with 70% Isopropyl Alcohol spray. It took ~ three treatments to get rid of them, Haven't seen one since. Might be worth a try on yours.
Best fo luck!
Cliff

gnslngr I believe the 7 Pot congo is red. I think it's kind of new, I was able to get a few seeds from one of the members here, I believe he was selling/trading/giving away some of them earlier in the Marketplace Forum.

Thanks Jamie. Hopefully if I do end up moving it's to a much warmer climate and I can grow all year 'round. Heaven, I'm in heaven...

Thanks to you too meatfreak. I tried to keep it small but it's just so hard. Best of luck to your season too and can't wait to see how you do.

Good luck to you too Siliman. Happy to hear the seeds you got from me are doing well.

Thank you Vladan. I know the Armegeddon is one of yours and I can't wait to try one. I am really looking forward to following your grow log this year, you grow some of the coolest peppers. Best of luck to you.

Cliff glad that worked for you. I'm afraid if I tried it most of my friends would be chewing on the leaves. Best of luck to you too man.

Here's another fun thing I'm trying. This is also posted in the "Germinating in Gel" thread.

Douglah seeds in water crystals to see if they will germinate. They will be kept in the tarantula nursery where temps are kept around 81F.

DSC014431600x1200.jpg

Patrick-
Although I understand your humor, you should give the old IPA a try. The alcohol causes the aphid to dessicate very quickly (almost as quick as the alcohol dries). It doesn't leave a residue or much residual odor so it shouldn't harm your Tarantulas..
Cliff

Thanks Cliff. How are you applying it? Spray bottle? I think you're probably right about it not bugging the T's. Thanks for thinking of them.

I apply the alcohol with a spray bottle.
The first application was a little light to gauge the plant's reaction.
when, I waited a few days to ensure it didn't cause any damage to the plant.
The plant showed no visible signs of stress, so I thoroughly soaked it the next two applications, ¬1 week apart. I haven't seen an aphid since - over a month ago......
I've tried the insecitidal soaps and other remedies in the past - they were not as effective.

Back