• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests Dshlogg's 2012 Grow- Freakin Aphids Grrrr

Well, my 2012 grow season had begun.

So far, I've started 18 varieties in my new germination tank. I hope to fill two 104 cell oasis root cube trays with this first batch of seeds. My seeds have been in the germ tank for just under 48 hours and I already transfered 11 seeds with tap roots to the oasis tray. They where all TS FG. I've heard there is a ton of variation with these seeds but I hope to get some yellow pods with the classic TS shape. Here's a few shots of my set up:

Germ Tank
utf-8BSU1BRzAwMDIuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzAwMDMuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzAwMDQuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzAwMDUuanBn.jpg

Wish me luck! I'll keep ya posted.

Looking good. I really like the idea of the warm water bath for germination. Keeps the cups from sitting on hot spots. I've heard people using towels on the heat mat to distribute the heat too. Good luck on your grow!

Seems like a good time to get things going. I wish you the best of luck this season.

Hate to sound like an idiot but what is a TS FG?

Thanks meatfreak. Here what I've started:

Bhut Jolokia White
Bhut Jolokia Chocolate
Bhut Jolokia Peach
Bhut Jolokia Yellow
Devil's Tongue
Naga Chocolate
Trinidad Scorpian Morouga
Trinidad Scorpian Yellow
Trinidad Scorpian FG
Trinidad Scorpian Butch T
7 Pod Brainstrain
7 Pod Brainstrain Yellow
7 Pod Douglah
7 Pod Jonah
7 Pod Infinity
7 Pod Primo
7 Pod White
7 Pod Yellow

There are plenty more to come but that's my first batch.

I believe my Trinidad Scorpian FG are F3 hybrids of a TS Red and a Scotch Bonnet Yellow. So far they are very fast growers. I had 24 of 28 seeds germinate within 48 hours being started.

Thanks again guys. This is just my first round. These are the varieties that I'm growing for fresh pods. I plan on growing around 150 varieties this year. I already have 110 seeds with tap roots in oasis trays. I'm still waiting for a few more seeds to germinate before I start the next batch.

Well I'm 8 days in to my 2012 season and I have my first seedlings :)

These little guys are Brainstrain Yellow.

IMAG0011.jpg

There are quite a few other hooks about to unfold too!

IMAG0008.jpg

Time to get some light on these guys. I can't wait til the whole tray is full of little seedlings!

Thanks mgold. I'm not sure about the moisture retention yet. I used 1 gallon of distilled water for the initial watering. That was six days ago. It feels just as heavy tonight as it did then. I'll let you know when I need to water again.

Finally finished my grow box after working on it in my limited spare time for the last few days. The lights are on in the bottom shelf for the pic only as there are no hooks yet. I'm running two 14w t5s on each shelf for my seedlings. The reflective material is cut up car windshield sun shades. Anyway here it is:

IMAG0013.jpg

I have around 100 seedlings so far.

IMAG0015.jpg

Here is the whole thing shuttered up.

IMAG0016.jpg

I hope these guys don't out grow it right away :)

3 cotyledons and almost three cotyledons:

IMAG0019-1.jpg

If you get three seedlings in a row each with three cotyledons is that some kind of goocher? :)

Back