• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest February Throwdown - Cast Iron Shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peruvian cuisine would be outside my box....let's smack this idea around like Ike when Tina hogged the needle. I'm down for any'tang. :hell:

I like the idea of Peruvian - something I've never tried, but sounds delish. And many dishes could be done with CI.

I don't think Wheebz would cheat. Maybe get some 'advice', but that's ok.

The first time I read "Peruvian" I wasn't down with it.
But upon further thought...I think it's a great idea!
I don't even know what Peruvian food is, but it would be fun to make it!

CI is a bit broad for me. I have 3 CI skillets, a dutch oven, and CI grill grates.
SL has a CI waffle maker. Too many options.

Here's something else to dwell on, though.
Last month we had a record-setting pizza throwdown. More members are willing to jump in the pool with this stuff, and the numbers show it.
Maybe we want to do something EVERYONE can make again, to get more members firmly embedded into the TD culture.
Like "Tacos" or "Sandwiches".

But I'm still favoring Peruvian.

This guy knows all. Peruvian is fine by me, hopefully I can get in this time, course my wife might be in the hospital by then to give birth to our son.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peruvian_cuisine

Looks like the boss has declared Cast Iron Cooking.

Sic, do something Italian in a cast iron.

If you don't have a black skillet (cast iron, and give it a name), pick one up so it's well seasoned.
It will be your new best friend. Everyone else here already has at least one, and swears by it.
And they're pretty inexpensive! (but buy a Lodge brand one!)

Good idea, Wheebz. You've inspired me to look into Peruvian cuisine. Maybe for dunken chef!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back