• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Habanero sausages

I just came back from the butcher shop where they just started my sausages....The owner and I had a good laugh..We both warned the guy making the sausages about the fumes from the powdered habs.The owner comes from down south and is familliar with hot foods & peppers...we were chatting..and we turned our heads and all we could hear is the guy making the sausages cursing,,,tabernac!!! then caughed then went out side...Guess he didnt listen to our warning lol well Ill post pics when I go back and pick them up..cant wait..:lol::onfire:

its got the spices and yes you can taste the sweet hab flavor with most the heat..I tried to make a hotsauce last week well it worked but the hab flavor took it over too sweet for me but the sausages are perfect..nice blend of both..and the burn????not too shabby..I wont let my daughtor eat it (she was begging for a bite lol) over all im going to make another batch...Im in love lol:)
the guys from the butcher shop are going to eat some I feel sorry for them...that will be nuts for them lol

hey CP, they look great! did you put anything special in there or is it just a standard snag recipe with hab powder thrown in?

I want to have a crack at making my own sausages, I've found somewhere that I can get casings. did you try filling your own or do you have a particularly friendly butcher?

I brought the ground up habs(powder) and got my buddy to make them..I like the way he spices his sausages(local butcher shop) he put extra spice in to counter act with the sweet and he did a hell of a good job..You have the sweet from the hab and the spices to compliment it...its funny every hot italian sausage or hot pepper sausage they made I never found hot..but tasted good..this time I have heat and a great taste...

i agree with dream, those look damn good! i love the hillshire farms jalapeno sausages, but i agree, they aren't too hot. i usually cook up some jalapenos or habaneros with onions, throw those on top, with some EZ Earl blazin hot stuff and some jalapeno pepper jack cheese..all on a hoagie roll. :P the habanero powder in some custom made sausage is a great idea though. too bad i don't know any butchers.

Yeah! You are lucky there. I have considered buying a meat grinder to make my own butr have yet to do it.

I got some Habanero sausages at the grocery last week. They were Adell's brand. They were pretty good, but not too hot.

Around here there are no butchers, just the big chain stores. Lucky Canuk!

I've been making my own sausages for years. Made a batch about 2 weeks ago by putting a bunch of #1 in with the various meats. Came out better than expected. Give it a shot!

Started making my own since X-mas my in-laws bought me a grinder/sausage maker.... I have noticed though that fresh peppers are not the hottest way to go... I believe dried or sauced, like Defcon mentioned would be best since I am at a peak of ripening I am going to smoke/dry a bunch of peppers and then make sausage.

I am a firm believer that fresh peppers in sausages is not the way to go. I have been using dried/powdered peppers for years. They tend to incorporate into the meats much better.

Very true --- infusion with the moisture in the meats especially if I use a sauce too --- I did it a few times with fresh peppers and no more

The "adells" appeared to have fresh peppers in it(although they weren't habs) and that made the texture a little mushy. Dried flakes would be my bet, although powder would do fine.

Those look really good. I've been doing alot of deer hunting the past few days and I want to make some venison sausages. I was thinking regular Italian type, Basil with sudried tomato's, and a hot sausage. This may be something I want to make.

Back