• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

my first bhut jolokia grow log

Well all I can say is thank you for all the help you gave to a pepper newb.
I started my Bhut Jolokias in an egg carton and after a few weeks moved them into a plastic bag with damp paper towels under a reading lamp for heat until they sprouted.
Next I bought some 6 inch flower planters the ones that drain realy good.
And as soon as I saw the root pop out of the seeds I planted them in the dirt.
Miracle grow potting soil I have not added any nutrients.
I started them in a box and used a floro blacklight and a reading lamp for a few weeks untill I set up my new system .

I then asked a few lighting questions 3 + pages of help thanks.
I know have a nice t5 light system in a totaly foiled out closet. I also have a cfl clamp on light in there.
And a low watt eddison socket red/blue led light all hanging above the plants.
I set my blacklight on the floor and only used it at night .the days had to travel 9 ft to the ceiling then bounce back down my version of moonlight.
Well the blacklight turned the center viens of the leaves brown then purple same thing hapened to the stems but the bhut jolokia was thick,lush and growing like crazy.
I now have buds and the first know looks like its ready to open its first flower.
I trimed off the surounding leaves so I can see when it opens and is ready to be hand polinated.
I have brand new paint brushes waiting to do the job.
Well that's enough reading here are my photos in the next post I'm cutting the links to past now

IMAG0017.jpg

IMAG0033.jpg

IMAG0055.jpg

IMAG0054.jpg

IMAG0106.jpg

IMAG0221.jpg

IMAG0225.jpg

IMAG0220.jpg

IMAG0232-1.jpg

IMAG0289.jpg

IMAG0307.jpg

IMAG0307.jpg

IMAG0307.jpg

They look awesome I have been hand pollinating my Holy Mole and Cayenne thick, since it is still to early to take them out. Will your bhuts stay indoors or be moved out once the weather allows you.

I plan ok moving them outside this spring I'm also growing a black pearl that's budding out in a seperate room. And i am waiting on my peter peppers and butch t trinidads to germinate I started them on the 12th

good looking plants...only one comment...handling the newly sprouted seeds...keep in mind that cleanliness is of utmost importance...I always use gloves and a pair of tweezers to handle seeds/newly germinated seeds...any chance of getting bacteria on the seeds/newly germinated seeds should be avoided...

Mine look like your second picture. Everyone says Superhots are hard to germinate, but I just put mine outside and I just bring them in when the temp gets below 40 at night and I have a 75% germination rate with my Bhut Jolokia Reds/Yellows and Doset Nagas. I used some cut-off milk jugs as a green house during the day to help speed up the process.

Mine look like your second picture. Everyone says Superhots are hard to germinate, but I just put mine outside and I just bring them in when the temp gets below 40 at night and I have a 75% germination rate with my Bhut Jolokia Reds/Yellows and Doset Nagas. I used some cut-off milk jugs as a green house during the day to help speed up the process.

That's a good idea I will have to try this come spring.

Back