FNG: Rhode Island

Greetings all, from a quick member review by posts it seems most everyone I have dealt with (retail) in my hobby hangs here:

Here is a small sample of my peppers, started, ummm, late November I believe, from left to right, Trinidad Scorpion, Bhut Jolokia
Chocolate, Bhut Jolokia (from my seed). It has been a fun but humbling experience at times, I do my homework and enjoy digging
for things. Biggest problem so far is aphids, and I have tried two natural products, with limited success. I treat the leaves, top,
bottom, and then the soil. I just transplanted these, about 1/2 new soil and a weak solution of miracle grow. I water from the outside
cup so the soil on top stays fairly dry. The aphids don't seem to produce as much that way. When the temp's reach 80F or above,
nothing seems to stop them though, have to check the plants every day or two and treat as needed. I am looking into hydroponics
have a local retailer close by who is friendly, and would like to ask, given two or three two month cycles with temps (artificial temps
that is) could you expect to get more flowers/fruit, or do the plants need rest, and or new nutrients, and soil even. That is a good start.
Since I am the FNG guy here, I am willing to take a beating at first, almost every forum I have been part of has it's rituals. So let's
get that part over with quickly, shall we ? hehe...

This is one of the things I like to do for fun, and yes that is my custom bike, 34 mods, took 4 months to build, hope you like the video.

NHMS 06212022

"
"

The BMW is too fast (huh ? let me explain) for the track so now I have a little stable mate, here: The 2009 Kawasaki ZX6 is for the track, I added
a few bits to make it more friendly, crg mirrors, pazzo levers, brocks mirror plates, quick turn throttle, power commander, steel brake lines/front and rear,
yoshimura tail kit, woodcraft rearsets, clutch and stator covers, quick shifter, still need double bubble windscreen, and tank grippers. Nice bike, but not off the chain scary like the BMW. The bottom line is I can't afford to bin the BMW or have some idiot on a track take me out by surprise. I can afford to fix the Kawasaki. I wear body armor under leathers too, cracked a few ribs skiing and don't need any more of that.

Ghosty.. . :cool:

whale cum from SD! that BMW is not too fast for the track! love the Kawi! i ride and 07 gsxr 600 track bike! the scariest bike i rode on the track was 2010 1198S i do not ride on the streeet! you are at a great place for growing peppers!
where in Rhody do you live? my inlaws live in Portsmouth

looks like a fun track to ride! i am an instructor for a track org here in socal, here is a pic from Nov at willow spring raceway
Nov-12-Ti2TTGroupC1140amCLI_5880.jpg

:welcome: from Oregon. Hot peppers and fast bikes. Great combination.

Thanks for the welcome guys and gals,

I am looking into hydroponics have a local retailer close by who is friendly, and would like to ask, given two or three two month cycles with temps (artificial temps that is) could you expect to get more flowers/fruit, or do the plants need rest, and or new nutrients, and soil even.

To be more specific, how many crops can one expect when you can control the environment, temperature, humidity, and how many days of 80 degree weather do you need from flower to fruit ? Finally, has anyone been able to beat the 180 grow cycle ? Thanks...

Ghosty...

P.S. Spongy... I live in Middletown, less than ten minutes away. I disagree with you about the track, Loudon, though, I never got it out of 2nd gear all day, I am sure you saw this if you watched the video. I run with traction control off now, and when the tarmac is warm the thing will power wheelie in second and third gears at 100+, you have to admit unless you race and race a lot, that is a bit disconcerting.

:welcome: from CA

...and don't listen to Spongey, he talks a big game but he's wearing a pink cast.
:D

Also I don't recall a gang-style imitation - no one "jumped" me in, but I'm now eager to see what happens. lol

I love technical tracks, we have a track called streets that is 1.5 miles 13turns and I barely get to 4th on the gsxr. Glad you are here and look forward to watching your plants grow.

:welcome: from CA

...and don't listen to Spongey, he talks a big game but he's wearing a pink cast.
:D

Also I don't recall a gang-style imitation - no one "jumped" me in, but I'm now eager to see what happens. lol
You mean that pink thingiee near Spongy's left heel, is that a real cast, nahhh... he wouldn't ride with a broken foot, would you Spongy ?

Ghosty...

You mean that pink thingiee near Spongy's left heel, is that a real cast, nahhh... he wouldn't ride with a broken foot, would you Spongy ?

Ghosty...

no!!! that was pink duct tape to hold the broken heel thing on my boot in place. i currently have a pink cast on my ankle as i broke my fibula the day after xmas going float tube fishing(long story)

There have been a lot of swamp rats signing up lately!!
:lol:

Do people still call Rhode Isanders that?? I used to visit family in Pawtucket every summer. My dad actually just got back from there on Saturday and brought me a box of Stop 'n Shop muffins and a quart of autocrat!!

Back