• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Omega's Grow Log 2012

Decided to move this topic to GLOGS. Wanted to update our progress so far

Inception Date: 01/10/12

germination rate
0/20 - Trinidad Scorpion “Butch T” - Pepperlover
2/20 - Trinidad Scorpion Original - Pepperlover
0/20 - Trinidad 7 POD “Brainstrain” - Pepperlover
0/20 - Trinidad 7 POD “Jonah” - Pepperlover
0/20 - Trinidad 7 POD “Primo” - Pepperlover
0/20 - Trinidad 7 POD “Barrack Pore” - Pepperlover
0/20 - Trinidad 7 POD Original - Pepperlover
0/20 - Trinidad 7 POD “Douglah” - omega (from last season)
0/20 - Habanero White - Pepperlover
0/20 - Scotch Bonnet Orange - Trade Winds
1/15 - Bhut Jolokia Red - Trade Winds
9/20 - Bhut Jolokia Yellow - omega (from last season)
2/5 - Pakistani - Pepperlover
1/5 - Fatalii - RedtailForester

I overwintered 4 mother plants (Red Bhut Jolokia, Yellow Bhut Jolokia, Douglah and Trinidad Scorpion )
winterize.JPG

Seedling_Grid.jpg

peppers_2012%2520006.JPG

unfortunately, most of my early seedlings cooked due to uncontrollable temps (scotch bonnets, white habs) so those will probably have low numbers. My scorps and bhuts are just now hooking, so hopefully the others will soon follow.
photo%2520%252815%2529.JPG

photo%2520%252816%2529.JPG

Looking good,

Those are some nice size overwinters. If those are 5 gallon buckets you will have some huge plants by the end of summer. That's too bad about your early seeds. I hope you have some backups......good luck with your start

Greg

Looking good,

Those are some nice size overwinters. If those are 5 gallon buckets you will have some huge plants by the end of summer. That's too bad about your early seeds. I hope you have some backups......good luck with your start

Greg
Yeah, is that some new growth I see on the overwinter in front?

Looking good,

Greg

Thanks. yes, they're 5 gallon buckets packed with roots. Hopefully, the seeds didn't all cook. We have new sprouts every day so I think a lot of them will make it. The temp is regulated 84-88 degrees now. Thanks for the kind words!

Yeah, is that some new growth I see on the overwinter in front?

Yeah, I have them in my garage so they get a "little" light. I've been snipping the new growth for now. Not sure when I should let them take off yet.

Just to update everyone. Pretty much all of the seeds in the first batch have been ruined. We're not giving up on them yet and there are a few that pop up every now and then. The good news is that the new batches are going strong and already have sprouts in less than 7 days so I am hopeful. Below is an updated list of what we have going on. Of course a lot of them perished, but still germinated.

0/32 - Trinidad Scorpion “Butch T” - Pepperlover
3/20 - Trinidad Scorpion Original - Pepperlover
2/14 - Trinidad Scorpion Original - omega
0/48 - Trinidad 7 POD “Brainstrain” - Pepperlover
2/26 - Trinidad 7 POD “Jonah” - Pepperlover
0/20 - Trinidad 7 POD “Primo” - Pepperlover
1/44 - Trinidad 7 POD “Barrack Pore” - Pepperlover
0/32 - Trinidad 7 POD Original - Pepperlover
1/30 - Trinidad 7 POD “Douglah” - omega
8/20 - Habanero White - Pepperlover
2/20 - Scotch Bonnet Orange - Trade Winds
2/15 - Bhut Jolokia Red - Trade Winds
0/10 - Bhut Jolokia Yellow - Pepper Joe
12/20 - Bhut Jolokia Yellow - omega
3/5 - Pakistani - Pepperlover
1/5 - Fatalii - RedtailForester
0/15 - Fatalii - Pepper Joe
1/6 - Datil - RedtailForester
1/9 - Tobasco - Trade Winds
0/10 - Naga Morich - Pepper Joe
0/21 - Mulato - Pepper Joe
0/18 - Hot Cow Horns - Pepper Joe
0/20 - Chocalate Hab - Pepper Joe
0/6 - PERUVIAN WHITE HABS - RedtailForester
0/4 - sonoran chiltepin - RedtailForester
0/4 - duke pequin - RedtailForester
0/12 - Cayenne - omega
0/15 - Sweet Banana - omega
0/20 - Red Fresno - omega
9/24 - Beefsteak Tomato - omega

Lessons learned:
-Don't start germinating seeds until grow setup is finished. Next time, we will have everything working smoothly before we start with the seedlings.
-Do not over water! I'm afraid a lot of the little guys drown to death plus mold developed very quickly which also probably contributed to the loss
-Do not use ferts on seedlings at all. Water only (brother in-law new to germinating seeds so not his fault). I should have told him sooner.

The good news is that the grow environment we have setup now is perfect. 80-85 degrees, plenty of lighting, lots of air circulation. The newly added fans really helped. We still have to build cabinet doors which will probably be later this week.

photo%2520%252819%2529.JPG

photo%2520%252818%2529.JPG

photo%2520%252817%2529.JPG

photo%2520%252821%2529.JPG

Beefsteak Tomatoes
photo%2520%252822%2529.JPG

Bhut Jolokia Red
photo%2520%252824%2529.JPG

Tough lessons learned, I glad your 2nd batch is coming through fine. That looks like a high bay T8 your using. That's fine if you raised it up for the photography. but you can keep them within an inch or two from the top of the seedlings...that's what I do

Greg

Tough lessons learned, I glad your 2nd batch is coming through fine. That looks like a high bay T8 your using. That's fine if you raised it up for the photography. but you can keep them within an inch or two from the top of the seedlings...that's what I do

Greg
Thanks
Well, we thought about puttign the lights closer, however all of the seedlings have sun burn so my question is: Why should I put the lights closer if they are getting plenty of light?

Been really busy lately with the amount of peppers popping up at once. Tray one is not done yet like we originally thought. just had 2 Butch T's, 1 7 POD Primo, 5 Douglahs, Brainstrains, etc. come up all of a sudden. I just received my Butch T's from THSC which 12 of them just got sowed this morning. I will update the germination rates as soon as i get numbers entered in the spreadsheet. I believe we're up to 144 live chilis currently, but that could change fast the way they are all coming up.

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

pepper8.jpg

Running out of space. LOL
1.jpg

Jim Hard at work!
2.jpg

COOL! good start! Good luck with your grow!

Thanks! :dance:

Here's the latest list we have on the total transplants from seed not counting the ones that perished. We just sowed the Butch T's from THSC a couple of days ago so and I have some TS Moruga seeds in the mail just because. lol

Red Bhut Jolokia/DOOLEY 24/30
Trinidad scorpion BUTCH T/pepper lover 7/32
Trinidad scorpion BUTCH T/Hippy Seed Company 0/12
Naga Morich/ pepper joe 6/10
Trinidad scorpion Orig - pepper lover 8/32
7 POD DOUGLAH/Dooley 14/30
YELLOW BHUT-Dooley 15/20
YELLOW BHUT/pepper joe 8/10
BHUT JOLOKIA trade winds 2/15
7 Pod BRAIN STRAIN/pepper lover 14/48
FATALII/pepper joe 10/15
FATALII/redtail forester 1/5
7 POD JONA/pepper lover 5/26
7 POT ORIGINAL/pepper lover 13/32
7 POD BARRACK PORE/pepper lover 10/44
7 POT PRIMO 1/20
RED FRESNO - Dooley 14/20
DATIL - redtailforester 5/6
TABASCO - trade winds 4/9
PERUVIAN WHITE HABS - trade winds 5/6
DUKE PEQUUIN - redtailforester 8/8
CAYENNE - Dooley 5/12
SCOTCH BONNET - trade winds 7/20
COW HORN/pepper joe 11/18
PAKASTANI - pepper lover 2/5
SCORPION/mystery 2/2
RED SQUASH - redtailforester 2/2
TRINADAD SCORPION orig/Dooley 9/14
AJI CRISTAL - Readtailforester 3/3
BAZUKA - redtailforester 1/2
SONORAN CHILTEPIN - redtailforester 0/4
BEEFSTEAK TOMATO - Dooley 9/24
SWEET BANANNA - Dooley 1/15
MULATO - pepper joe 12/21
CHOC HAB 6/20
CUKE 9/10
CANT 2/5
MELON 3/5
CABBAGE 4/5
GREEN BEAN 0/5

Total Transplants so far 262

Obviously we're running out of room. :banghead:
pepper19.jpg

Overwintered Trinidad Scorpion
pepper20.jpg

Duke Pequin
pepper21.jpg

Overwintered Douglah
pepper22.jpg

Overwintered Bhut Jolokia Red
pepper23.jpg

Really nice, Omega! Your refined set-up is the cat's a** for those seedlings!
And I love those overwintered plants - what size are those pots?
Good luck with your 262 transplants!

I haven't done an update in a while, so I thought I would do a couple of video updates. This update is only for about 50 plants that I have at my house. The others (200ish more) are at my brother-in-law's house. I hope to have the other guys still in pots in the ground in a few days with an irrigation system setup so I can cut out the water time. I was thinking about running aerated PVC tubing in the ground near the roots with a drip system. If anyone has any ideas of how I should set it up, that would be cool because I'm still up for changing my original plans.

Part1
Part2
http://youtu.be/wZHZRZ9QGEo

Back