• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Fused Cotyledons

PaulG

Extreme Member
Here's an oddity. The cotyledons on several inca red drop sprouts are fused to varying degrees, a couple almost the length of the cotyledons. None of the other varieties are like this. I'm not too alarmed; there are a couple of normal ones, but 3/5 exhibit this characteristic so far. Maybe someone can shed light on this?

DSCN3438.jpg

Edited by PaulG, Today, 03:21 PM.

I had a Choc Bhut do the same thing this year. I started them mid Dec. and it still hasn't got any leaves. The stem is getting quite a bit thicker than my other plants, so who knows. I'm going to keep it and see what happens.

my inca did the same thing, at first i thought it only had 1 cotyledon, even on close examination, it really looked like 1. (last year i had a butchT do that to me, just 1 cotyledon and it never grew past that stage).
but i just left the inca alone and the second cotyledon appeared out of no where and the same size as the other leaf. so, it just must have been slightly fused together.

I had one Seven Not seedling that began with fused cotyledons last season. I didn't notice a difference between its growth and the other seedlings. That seedling grew into a plant that is currently a monster.

I will take a pic and post on here later. I only took a picture one because one is in a growbag and I don't want to make a mess moving it and the other is already outside using it as a test dummy for weather condition. This one and the one outside are half a foot and smaller one is 4 -5 inches tall. Hope this helps as members mention nothing wrong with infuse cotyledons.
DSCN0183.jpg

DSCN0184.jpg

I'd say they turned out okay!

I will take a pic and post on here later. I only took a picture one because one is in a growbag and I don't want to make a mess moving it and the other is already outside using it as a test dummy for weather condition. This one and the one outside are half a foot and smaller one is 4 -5 inches tall. Hope this helps as members mention nothing wrong with infuse cotyledons.
DSCN0183.jpg

DSCN0184.jpg

DSCN0183.jpg

DSCN0184.jpg
OMG that looks terrible! You're doomed Paul...lol Good looking plant Socal...Thanks again for the brandywine offer. I am trying to free up some raised garden space around here by cutting back the landlords forest in the back yard. I may have some room after all! Funny...my son and I trimmed 2 bushes and found a tree that they had overtaken that I didn't even know was in there.

Inca red drop huh??? Being 2012 and all maybe we should all plant some Mayan Scarlets just to be safe!

OMG that looks terrible! You're doomed Paul...lol Good looking plant Socal...Thanks again for the brandywine offer. I am trying to free up some raised garden space around here by cutting back the landlords forest in the back yard. I may have some room after all! Funny...my son and I trimmed 2 bushes and found a tree that they had overtaken that I didn't even know was in there.

Inca red drop huh??? Being 2012 and all maybe we should all plant some Mayan Scarlets just to be safe!
Thanks no problem man anytime the offer is there I got few other varieties that I started to germinate I plan to use for making my sauces. Wow that alot possible land for gardening or what every you plan I saw that you were thinking of building a greenhouse that would be awesome. Lol Mayan plants

Back