• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

So I eat at a local restaurant...

The owner bought 15 hot sauces for me to try ranging in heat from 2,500 to 55,000 in heat. He said when I eat them all I get to have a free lunch on him.

You know, I never thought I would get free lunch for eatting hot sauce haha. They bring me out habaneros to eat with my meal too sometimes, theyre so nice.

So anyone gotten free food for eating hot sauce before?

So was your lunch free today then? I have gotten free wings a few times for being able to eat them all. That sounds like a cool place you have to go to there. Congrats.

I want to do the wing challenge at buffalo wild wings, (i have just really started eating hotter stuff lately.. like in the fresh hab range) but other than some funny faces I have gotten from a local bar/restaurant for eating the hotter wings they had there, I haven't gotten anything yet..I am learning lately that not really a lot of people eat hot foods.. at least in Ct area

but my dad while he was in college traveling out west was given a bunch of hot dogs and hamburgers for him and his friends for chugging a bottle of Tabasco sauce lol..

I just get the barmaid or waitress comments when they drop wings off and I see the eyes peeking out the kitchen doors trying to see who ordered the hot mess.

Hey Max Im from CT where you located ?

I would try the Sliders challenge but I have a small stomach and 12 wings is just too many unless I'm starving to death. They seem to fill me up quick so I stick to the insane wings or the 'hot' when I'm in a wimpy mood. If it were 6 wings I'd have done it multiple times by now hahaha.

One time I ate a bunch of the hottest wings at a bar having a good time and a waitress had an extra beer that she poured so she just gave me the beer because 'I looked like I could use it'.

There are a couple of places I like better than sliders. After I eat at sliders my stomach churns something fierce. Try the Firehouse in Plainville over 70 different wings ranging in heat levels. I get there hottest ones #5 after that (heat scale after order is 1-5 5 being the hottest) also The Landing Zone Grill in Harwinton and Black Rock Tavern in Thomaston I believe will make a scotch bonnet wings but I've only heard about it at this place. I live in the center of CT and I dont go to New Haven that much so I cant say anything about Archie Moores or Tk's etc..

Won a free meal amd shirt at the Market Pub House (University City - St Louis) for beating their hot wing challenge. The wings were not particularly good (I think they were doused with Maddog 357). Don't think I will ever do that again.

I just get the barmaid or waitress comments when they drop wings off and I see the eyes peeking out the kitchen doors trying to see who ordered the hot mess.

Hey Max Im from CT where you located ?

I am in Danbury area, in Brookfield. I use to go to school at Eastern and as I was telling mrz1988, that Wings Over Storrs is great and I use to try to go there whenever I could lol..

I am taking classes at WestConn now and pass TKs every day, and usually go there every few months, and always whenever it is a birthday (free wings for you age) trying to get my grandmother to come down from Buffalo to help us get some free wings lol.. shes turning 90 I think sometime soon, but Tks Revenge wings are awesome, really sweet/slightly vinegary, with a hab taste and it doesn't burn too much so that you don't want to eat anymore but it makes you build a good sweat lol and want to keep eating them.. usually go there and eat 20-30 wings.. really good stuff (the only thing I would say is that if you go there, make sure you don't go late because 1, it gets really packed, and 2 because they start using the wings that are last to use at night, which are boney and stuff.. but if you get there before 9-10 they are awesome)

I used to go to Eastern as well, I live in Fairfield County now though. Used to get Wings Over... all the time my friend used to work there and bring me back their After Burner that had a nice heat. Ever eat at Don Taco? They had awesome mexican food. Seems like there aren't that many spicy food spots in CT, I always bring pepper powder or sauce with me when I go out to eat.

lol that is funny, I always look around for the hot sauce or something like that when I go out to eat, but no I haven't tried Don Taco. have only gotten Wings when I was in the Storrs area, and in Willimantic, I was/am addicted to Greg's Pizza the Buffalo chicken calzone, ask for hot sauce and blue cheese.. soooo good, I really want to ask them how they make it.. next time my brother comes home (he is still at Eastern) I want to ask him to grab me a calzone,

It is great food and they are a great family owned restaurant haha. I don't eat wings, I find them to be greasy and bleh. I wish I could eat at this restaurant every day but my diet does not allow me to eat a cup of cheese with lunch haha.

(I'm eating 4k calories a day, but it has to be good food.)

Back