• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Fruit

I guess it depends on the consistency you are after and whether you want to use thickeners or not. maybe you could give us some idea on the other ingredients you plan to use or what type of sauce or consistency you have in mind.

welcome to THP!

Well I picked up about 50 orange habs last night, some jala's, and I have some weirdo peppers in my garden that are nice and ripe and have some kick. I should have be able to make a few different kinds of sauces.

For the first one I'm going to make it a roasted hab garlic sauce....pretty much garlic to the max :cool:.

Then next I'll probably make a lemon & lime sauce and see how that tastes.

I want a pretty thick sauce, not runny. I've never made hot sauce before though.

Can anybody give me any tips on how to start? Do I put them all in a pan then blend them, or blend them first & put them in a pan & cook to around 200?

Ken_Allen said:
For Fruit Sauces would I take the actual fruit (without the peels) and use it, or just the juices?

DEfinitely use actual fruit if it's a fruit based sauce. FKS Mango Amore starts with Mangos, Kiwi & peaches, no juices.

Back