• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Need Help!

2012-02-04175817.jpg

What's wrong with my plant? New leaves are turning black.

Looks like nute burn to me too.

EDIT:
Wait to hear from some others here, but if it is indeed nutrient burn, then you'll want to flush them out really well with a healthy dose of water and refrain from fertilizing till they get back on track.

For that specific plan I used miracle grow mix.......I repotted the other one and it's starting to look better....

I suspected as much, it's come up a lot here that MG potting soil is very nutrient heavy (to my understanding, we don't get it in Aus), hence you won't need to fertilize much, if at all.
I wouldn't recommend any of their stuff though, you're far better off starting with your own soil (a lot of info here about this) with some manure or green compost for nitrogen (promotes vegetative/leafy growth), then when flowering comes along: start adding a fertilizer heavy in P & K (phosphorus and potassium). EG. Liquid pot-ash.

+1 on the nutrient burn and maybe too much water. I use a granular fert and have seen this happen during spells of heavy rain fall, thus over saturating the root system.

Back