• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest C.I.T.D. Aftershow

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Who won? Qhat? What.. ummmd;q

listen u ungrateful bas.......

why r u guys begging me to get my pole up??

:eek:

Holy bejeeesssuussss. What did I miss last night? You bunch of drunks. I know I am not winning. Knew it when I made it, but I wanted to contribute.

Making geeme's fish tonight fo reals, yo.

I was gonna vote that one...but I got beaten fair enough that I offered up my vote to Pic 1 fo' ruh-spekt, yo.

I made a few alterations...I added onions, and smoked naga flakes to the beans...and...black pepper. Everything else pretty much done as ordered, cept I made some brown rice too.

geemefish-1.jpg

Not to nit pick, hers had a much nicer blackening.

Though the naga flakes sound nice. And i do like black pepper.

Nice! Only you didn't say how you liked it! But yes, +1 with DaQ - more seasoning = more better blackening and more better flavor.

I always thought you need butter to blacken in a pan but geeme proved us wrong with the bacon fat and EVOO.

I had to go light on seasoning...cooking for the family. The smokey naga (done over the summer whilst smoking a brisket) was an excellent twist. I loved the fish! The whole meal was awesome...Geeme...you had my vote, but I figure you'd understand me donating it to the guy that trounced me.

Poo poo! You need the seasoning for it to blacken. But your sauteed fish looks good.

Blackened looks like a hush puppy left in the deep fryer too long.

JayT's for reference:

42d982415a00285d7093ce3ebee7e8bb.jpg

That's blackened!

Back