204 replies to this topic

#41 Joshuap2000

Joshuap2000

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:44 PM

not to shabby, I am hoping to get some land here in fla myself so i can get up to a bigger scale like yourself. By chance do you sell plumeria;s? or just peppers and palms
www.thehotpepper.com/topic/36299-joshuas-2013-organic-glog/

#42 BakersPeppers

BakersPeppers

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:01 AM

UPDATE.....

Was out potting up some Chocolate Fatalii and figured you guys HAD to see the roots on these plants coming out of the 4" pots :) These look amazingly healthy!!

Posted Image

Also had a chance to get some plug trays filled with some seeds i just got from AJ! Thanks a TON boss!! 3 trays X 288 per tray is 864 planted :)

Tray #1
Posted Image

Tray #2
Posted Image

Tray #3
Posted Image

Here they are side by side :)
Posted Image

Also got another 300 T Scorp Red Isolated planted into 3 gallon pots today........

To Be Continued......

2hrjpzb.jpg

#43 megahot

megahot

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,411 posts
  • aka:theitalian556

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:09 AM

Wow thats a lot of nice looking plants you got there bakers!!! Very nice!
Chili head till I'm dead!!!!

#44 BakersPeppers

BakersPeppers

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:42 AM

not to shabby, I am hoping to get some land here in fla myself so i can get up to a bigger scale like yourself. By chance do you sell plumeria;s? or just peppers and palms

Just peppers and interior foliage..but phasing out the interior foliage...going to be just peppers shortly

2hrjpzb.jpg

#45 muskymojo

muskymojo

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,206 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:45 AM

Looking great Baker!
...< `)]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]//{.....< `)]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]//{{.....< `)]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]//{{

#46 PepperJam

PepperJam

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:50 AM

Looks great, look at the root ball! Since you cannot give us the recipe for your soil mix. Can you give us any recipe that you know of besides the top secret one? :)
2012 Grow Log: www.thehotpepper.com/topic/27468-pjs-2012-grow-log/

#47 S.S.Tupperware

S.S.Tupperware

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:02 PM

Lookin nice, but what are ya goin to do with them all? I know ya plan on selling plants, but what will ya do with all the pods that ya get from the plants ya don't sell. I know you can unload some here, but thats gonna be a ton of pods. Nice Choco fatalli, grew one last year and it was awful, no heat and even less flavor... I still have it in a pot, but if it isn't any better then out it goes.

#48 BakersPeppers

BakersPeppers

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:32 PM

Lookin nice, but what are ya goin to do with them all? I know ya plan on selling plants, but what will ya do with all the pods that ya get from the plants ya don't sell. I know you can unload some here, but thats gonna be a ton of pods. Nice Choco fatalli, grew one last year and it was awful, no heat and even less flavor... I still have it in a pot, but if it isn't any better then out it goes.

Actually about 8 tons to be exact...lol :) We have buyers interested, and also in the process of lining up more :) They will have no problem going somewhere i can assure you of that :) We are selling plants, but our main focus is on the fruit...co-packers, pepper importers/exporters, food distributors, chefs/restaraunt owners, hot sauce makers, powder/flake makers, bunches of places to go with them :)

2hrjpzb.jpg

#49 Maxsack331

Maxsack331

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:33 PM

wow that is crazy, you still don't have your whole grow list posted yet, I've been keeping a wish/shopping list of a few I saw you mention for when your ready to start shipping those plants out, :whistle: those are some crazy rootballs, I had some pretty good ones when I did mine, but even the best ones were not anywhere as thick as those roots.. very nice :eek:

Looks great, look at the root ball! Since you cannot give us the recipe for your soil mix. Can you give us any recipe that you know of besides the top secret one? :)

I have only been able to get that it is 40% pine bark fines lol.. so I stuck about 30% in my mix that I just planted up, hopefully when I transplant them in a few months they will look half as good!

#50 BakersPeppers

BakersPeppers

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:41 PM

Im sorry, the only mix i know of is the one we use..lol and yes its 40% Pine chips, 1/2 inch pieces :) You might require more or less depending on your waters Ph level, mine is roughly 7.2....

Edited by BakersPeppers, 24 February 2012 - 02:42 PM.

2hrjpzb.jpg

#51 PepperJam

PepperJam

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:22 PM

What is the reason for use pine chips instead of using peat with vermiculite?
2012 Grow Log: www.thehotpepper.com/topic/27468-pjs-2012-grow-log/

#52 Maxsack331

Maxsack331

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

What is the reason for use pine chips instead of using peat with vermiculite?

hmm, good question lol, I never really thought of it either...those roots are crazy though lol

Edited by Maxsack331, 24 February 2012 - 06:09 PM.

#53 mjdiamond83

mjdiamond83

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:09 AM

Those are some killer roots Dale. You know, you should think about doing this for a living ;)

#54 Trippa

Trippa

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,916 posts
  • aka:Trippa

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:35 AM

Actually about 8 tons to be exact...lol :) We have buyers interested, and also in the process of lining up more :) They will have no problem going somewhere i can assure you of that :) We are selling plants, but our main focus is on the fruit...co-packers, pepper importers/exporters, food distributors, chefs/restaraunt owners, hot sauce makers, powder/flake makers, bunches of places to go with them :)

So just reading between the lines here you are basically saying you grow on a small scale then ;) :D nah seriously bro those are some serious scales. I hope you find all the buyers you need this coming season and best of luck for the harvests.

Everything on this glog = Just F%£*king marvelous.

#55 PaulG

PaulG

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:01 PM

Good luck with your crop this year! that's a very ambitious
undertaking. Here's hoping for absolutely perfect weather!
Every Pod a Victory!

#56 BakersPeppers

BakersPeppers

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:01 AM

Good luck with your crop this year! that's a very ambitious
undertaking. Here's hoping for absolutely perfect weather!

Thanks boss :) Hope the weather holds up for us too...got a LOT riding on this year.........

2hrjpzb.jpg

#57 jmj1459

jmj1459

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:26 AM

Nice looking operation! You must be seeing peppers in your sleep by now - assuming you actually have time for sleep :) Best of luck this year.

#58 S.S.Tupperware

S.S.Tupperware

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:46 AM

I was out getting some soil this morn, and Bowling Forest products has Pine fines 2 cu ft for 2.50 I got a bag just too fool with. I think it is dependent on where in the country your soil is blended, Fl has loads of pines, see them being hauled to the mill every day. I bet in the N.W. it is something else that is somewhat local...

#59 Maxsack331

Maxsack331

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:21 PM

yeah I can get 4 cu ft of shredded pine chips for $6, which is great for me, better than buying all that soil.. which I'm not doing anymore since it is better to just mix it yourself I think (unless you have it already mixed and all that like Dale does lol

Edited by Maxsack331, 29 February 2012 - 01:22 PM.

#60 The Howster

The Howster

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:13 PM

This is truly epic and great to follow! I'm inspired to buy land and go into commercial chilli farming.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users