• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest March TD

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
March is People's Choice. The top 5 mentioned TD's in this topic will be entered into a poll tomorrow. Please suggest ONE and put MY CHOICE IS in bold so I can find them.

Disclaimer: Your suggestion only counts if you have entered a TD before. We don't need suggestions if you are not going to enter it. The voting will be by all.

Never mind that.

My Choice Is Ramen

(and I don't necessarily mean AUTHENTIC ramen, I mean buying a 20 cent pack of the cheap crap and doing something gourmet with it)

ps. this idea has been thrown around for a long ass time, and it's about time it gets a shot.

For reference-
Here's a list of TD's from the beginning-

popper
burger
pizza
jerk
mac and cheese
stick it- food on a stick
stuff it- sausages Oktoberfest I
comfort food- 2 sides
holy smoke (smoked foods)
steak
superbowl snack foods/finger foods
regional/ethnic sandwich- you choose the region/ethnic
pasta
secret ingredient- mango
pie- sweet or savory
grillin' and chillin'- grilled food and a drink
seafood
where's the beef?- beef-less burgers
oktoberfest II- entree and oktoberfest beer
waffles!
bajou battle- cajun cooking
chopped- (TV show/use these ingredients-cornish hen, swiss chard, melba toast and chiles)
super "bowl"- anything in a bowl
Dutch oven classic
Hometown Hotdogs
Asian
Battle Royale- one-on-one non-crown winner -v- previous winner
Toast
$5 Feast
Mexican
Oktoberfest III
The Best Meal I Ever Ate-

Duo- 1 protein cooked 2 ways
pizza
Cast Iron

We did Asian less than a year ago.

[sup]My Choice is - no typical household cook top, stove or oven, whether [/sup][sup]electric or gas fired.[/sup]

[sup]campfire, BBQ, grill, solar oven, smoker, car engine, flame thrower, Sterno-heated fondue pot, lots of candles, really big cigarette lighter, hot rocks in a pit, [/sup]

[sup]Justaguy- do you want JUST cheesecake or broaden it to desserts? [/sup]

My Choice Is Ramen

(and I don't necessarily mean AUTHENTIC ramen, I mean buying a 20 cent pack of the cheap crap and doing something gourmet with it)

ps. this idea has been thrown around for a long ass time, and it's about time it gets a shot.

Don't limit to a "Must be packet Ramen". If Ramen goes down we gots to be able to do it right!

And you know that this has already got my vote. I just wanna make sure if it does go through we are not limited to the packet. I

Don't limit to a "Must be packet Ramen". If Ramen goes down we gots to be able to do it right!

And you know that this has already got my vote. I just wanna make sure if it does go through we are not limited to the packet. I

But I think the idea is "what can you do WITH packet ramen"...

MY CHOICE IS RAMEN

tumblr_lvdtrgfs7D1qf44ulo1_500.jpg

But I think the idea is "what can you do WITH packet ramen"...

Throw it out and make real food.

No need to debate or disagree the top 5 will go in a poll.

Throw it out and make real food.

Dude...there are SOOO many ways to pimp out ramen. I jazzed up ramen for a school luncheon, and everyone was asking me for a recipe...how to make it, etc. The shat when I told them it was packaged ramen with a list of other ingredients.

So far the top buzz is (Combining mojo's and SL's) "Cooking with fire" and ramen. Though I have cooked with ramen plenty I think I prefer fire.

Cooking w/o electricity does not seem too crazy to me. I don't electric stoves anyway. Gas rules.

Dude...there are SOOO many ways to pimp out ramen. I jazzed up ramen for a school luncheon, and everyone was asking me for a recipe...how to make it, etc. The shat when I told them it was packaged ramen with a list of other ingredients.

I know, I am just messin. Whatever is decided I will go with, just throwing my opinion in the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back