• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest March TD, African

What's your pick for March's TD?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Okay what is your pick?

The top 4 suggestions are in there. The rest were all singles, so I merged Greek/Lebanese and Italian into Mediterranean, which also goes with N. Africa so there you go. Mediterranean is specific (regional to areas by the sea of course) though and not just food from a country on the Mediterranean, so it must follow the Mediterranean style cuisine of those countries.

African won.

If you've had Ethiopian food, you know they are into the heat and spice, and this is thehotpepper.com. I love a good berbere sauce, and I would love to see someone try to make injera!!! (the bread you pick the food up with). They also have a soul edge to their food, try some of their veggies, like greens, and carrots, etc. Tastes like southern food! I definitely vote African, and hope someone does Ethiopian.

Well.....ramen sounds like a good challenge too...... :think:

In fact...I can see my entry in my mind already....

I went with ramen.

If I get the time......I have an unbeatable idea. :cool:

This poll will be interesting! It's still early in the month, will be open for awhile, but closed with enough time to prepare.

YEAAAAAAA P2K's BACK (and his front too)!!!!!!

We gotta do this ramen thing.
I have seen the amazing things people do with this disgusting 20 cent packet of fried noodles and asian-leprechaun dust.

Get ready for "pulled ramen sandwiches"

YEAAAAAAA P2K's BACK (and his front too)!!!!!!

We gotta do this ramen thing.
I have seen the amazing things people do with this disgusting 20 cent packet of fried noodles and asian-leprechaun dust.

Get ready for "pulled ramen sandwiches"

Oh come on! You already made pulled toast!

I see Soflo is all about the Ramen. Manatee Ramen. I love it.

Nah, I'm not really all about it. But I know it's been talked about since the throwdown inception. Think it's time it gets it's due.
And I think it will be a fun one.

But I also like African cuisine. And I TOTALLY appreciate the opportunity to learn a new type of dish. I research that stuff.
If it doesn't win, we should revisit that next month. Just my opinion.

I still can't get my hands on any manatee meat. Trust me, I've tried.
I've given handies to shady people who promised me entrance into the "secret" places in local butcher shops.
To no avail.
Thank god for hand sanitizer.

I had a girl offer me entrance to her "special place" once. Man, that has been expensive ever since.

you guys relize when i say surival,ill camp out for 2 days and snare and gather everything i cook with so lets do surival since yall brought it up!! anyone can buy a pack of ramen,booooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ummm... we don't all live in Florida. I am not camping out when its going to get down to like 10 tonight.

blaahhhh, ill camp out anywares,and have so !!!!! so fuct some some ramen... j.t. ive only ived in florida for a year,i grew up in watertown N.y. way colder than wjat you doing!!!!! i was homless in the winter one year so dont give me shit about cold and living in florida!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 10,lol... how about minus 30
???????? surival was one of the choices so im allowed to vote for it! so fuct it im out ill never enter one of these t.d. and never vote again MY BAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back