• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

AHH MY HANDS

I did something very stupid today... I picked up a bunch of Habs and the rest of the makings for one of my sauces. I reminded my self to buy some new rubber gloves...Wouldn't you know it I forgot and decided to cut up all the Habs without them!!!! Now my hands (after washing them about a hundred times and doing all the dishes (gotta keep the wife happy) My hands were burning like hell!!!! I tried useing milk, industrial strength hand cleaner, Gojo Fast Orange and nothing seems to help!! First time this has happened.....Finally starting to cool down, so to say.

Even funnier I had to have the neighbor come over to change my sons diaper so I wouldn't give him Hunan Nuts!!!LOL!!! Otherwise he would have looked like this ----> :party: or maybe lik this : :hell:

Dyce51 said:
Otherwise he would have looked like this ----> :party: or maybe lik this : :hell:

i think the first one is more appropriate. :)

yea, i know that pain. i had gloves but forgot to put them on at first..was too late though. they were burning more than my mouth was when i ate the food! i was soaking them in cold water since i had nothing else..washed a bunch of times too. then i'd sit down and just shake my hands in the air which kinda worked until i stopped.. finally i gave up and drove to the store with my hands on fire and bought a small bottle of milk. :lol: came home, dumped most of it into a pot and let my hands sit. eventually that wasn't even working, so i changed the milk out and even added some ice cubes.

needless to say, it was really fun. hah

I did that in the summer. My hands were sore for a whole day...Had to drink tons of beer to kill the pain.

:think: :think: :think:

I think I'll go cut up some peppers...

DEFCON Creator said:
Wash hands in bleach, which will bring the capsaicin to the surface, and then rinse in rubbing alcohol (90%+).

Diluted bleach or straight up?

I'm usually pretty careful, but this is good to know for emergencies.

I'm kind of known for being a bit hardcore, but I use bleach straight up. Same with the alcohol (90%+). Of course wash your hands with soap after all this.

hehehe , the other day , i had cut up habs , had everything ready to rock , when my wife said , "you forgot to wash the cutting board" , i just grabbed the soap water and washed it up , well ofcourse i could feel some burn for a bit then it died off , later on i went to take a leak , and well "hot dog" my hands were still hot apparently and well , so were the unmentionables lol , my wife laughed at me ..... ALOT!

haha well i've only had the burning hands a few times fortunately, but i'm always extra careful about not touching certain places while my hands are on fire. :)

Back