Morouga/ Brainstrain offer

Just ran across this offer. Thought some folks would be interested in it:

There is a lot of buzz going around right now about the new "hottest pepper" known as the Moruga Scorpion Blend (although "blend" has been removed from the name). At this point, nobody truly knows the history behind this. Some people claim the moruga is a smooth bodied pod while others claim it is not. there are claims being made that the moruga is actually a 7 pod Brainstrain and just as many rumors that the 7 pod Brainstrain is actually not a 7 pod but rather a Moruga scorpion. there is a very good article on this debate at www.thepepperseed.com
Jen and I want to be honest and give customers what they order to the best of our ability. So, with the debate lingering, we want to make you the best offer we can so until this debate is settled, if you order either the Trinidad Scorpion Moruga or the 7 Pod Brainstrain, we will send you the other one for FREE! Since nobody truly has the answer to this question, and wont until DNA testing is done, we are offering you both seeds for the price of one. The free one will not show up in your cart when you order on our store but it will be sent.

www.oldbarnnursery.com

i planted 2 of the yellow morougah species to day that i got from Smokemaster

cant wait to see how they do

GREAT OFFER DAN GREAT OFFER INDEED!!

thanks your friend Joe

i planted 2 of the yellow morougah species today that i got from Smokemaster

cant wait to see how they do

GREAT OFFER GREAT OFFER INDEED!!

thanks your friend Joe

I hate to ask, is this from orders here on out, or for the ones that order maybe few weeks back also. I am just curiuos so have to ask.

Makin' money on the debate.

When did "Blend" get removed? I thought the Trinidad Scorpion Morouga was a different pepper than the TSMB.

Well Patrick lets set the record straight since once again someone wants to chime in on something they obvious aren't quite versed on....

1. Makin money on the debate? How about you look at the SOURCE of this new record? Its now $25 for 10 seeds. Yesterday they were $8.99
2. I am offering FREE Brainstrain seeds..with the Moruga orders. This is because of this debate. The Moruga that I have (which came from pepperlover.com) is more or less smooth, this new "blend" is NOT. Its VERY pimpled like that of a brainstrain.
3. Yes "BLEND" was dropped right from the horses mouth

I am trying to do an HONEST service to other chiligrowers around because to me it's about the grow and not the dough. I have even went out of my way to find dried moruga pods for 2 people because I am sold out. So please don't come on here bashing someone you obviously know NOTHING about!

And i will go on record saying i lost a LOT of respect for Jim today. Cabbage patch dolls? really? Supply and demand is one thing..but come on.
And final edit, when this all came out, and I don't know Jim well, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt. But after what I saw and read today, I will say I am fully behind Cappy on this issue. This was not about getting to the truth or about what is the legit record holder..it is very obvious now, at least to me, this is about NOTHING more than $$$$ ching friggen ching.....pathetic

Oh and btw..I didnt make this offer until AFTER sales went through the roof and I grandfathered the earlier orders! Making money off the debate huh?
thanks

Yeah, sorry Mike. I had a feeling good ol' Patrick would have to chime in and give his opinion on this (whether it is wanted or not). As far as I'm aware, this is still a free country and this is a great offer. I appreciate your honesty in it as well. Good on ya' McDermott!

Great offer =) I like how you will throw them in for free, so people can grow them side by side and not have to choose to buy one or the other. This way you can let people decide for themselves what is what. It's funny....because all you really did, was add a freebie on to something you were already selling both of....so you are losing product but gaining an audience. You're making this fun instead of stuffy and lame. Thank you mmcdurmott. I feel like I'm on a carnival ride with this story. At least this way people can get down to some good growing and determine for themselves....that is if they are brave enough to try them....muhahahahahahaha. Don't let someone get to you M....don't let them win by getting under your skin. Do what you do and people will know the truth. Thanks RF for the info. :hell:

Great offer =) I like how you will throw them in for free, so people can grow them side by side and not have to choose to buy one or the other. This way you can let people decide for themselves what is what. It's funny....because all you really did, was add a freebie on to something you were already selling both of....so you are losing product but gaining an audience. You're making this fun instead of stuffy and lame. Thank you mmcdurmott. I feel like I'm on a carnival ride with this story. At least this way people can get down to some good growing and determine for themselves....that is if they are brave enough to try them....muhahahahahahaha. Don't let someone get to you M....don't let them win by getting under your skin. Do what you do and people will know the truth. Thanks RF for the info. :hell:
Thank you! And as an added benefit to all legit growers, I am having 7 Pod Strain, 7 Pod Brainstrain, and this "Moruga" tested this fall hopefully. Fresh seed of all (and the Moruga is straight from Duffy) and they will be isolated. CPI will hopefully test but we are having other institutes do it as well. My guess..they are ALL 7 Pods.

Wait, who is charging $25 for a pack of 10 seeds? I want to know this. Wait, I just located it. WOW. I'm going to leave it at that. :(

Chris

Back