Promotion for HP22B

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOTE: This post has become much more colorful than I would have guessed... so I'm running a Free Seeds contest to name the next "Worlds Hottest Pepper".
See details at post #241. Good Luck!!

Hey Gang,
I had lunch on Friday with some fellows I believe will roll out the next record holder.
Soon.
And their testing sounds to me to be extremely credable.
How about 50 pounds of peppers? From many different pepper plants. And testing over a 5 year period? Application pending with the Guinness folks.... (I know the Guinness folks don't know much about Chiles...but it is a good credability enhancer and it costs a fortune to get in there. I hear it can be $30 Grand)
These two guys KNOW Hot Peppers. One of them has created 600 new varieties of Hot Peppers himself.
He tell me most peppers that we call Trinidad this or Trinidad that...actually originated in China. How does her know? He does the DNA testing himself.
These were a cool couple of guys that seem to have high integrity and know their peppers.
Stay tuned.

Do we need a new Champ?
Look that's a whole different story. How much heat is enough?
Personally, I'm more into taste and ease of growing and how prolific is the plant. That's also what works best for my customers.
The Ghost Pepper and Bhut Jolokia are still selling like crazy for us..and I think it's because of the flavor and being easy to grow and getting an abundant crop. And in spite of all of the Super-Hots and their names and the confusion...Ghost Pepper and Bhut Jolokia are some of the most recognizable pepper names on the planet. But it did take them 11 years to get there.
My two top selling Hot Peppers are now the Butch T and the Peter Pepper. The Peter Pepper has been in my top 3 sellers for years. Yet, most people never heard of them.
I recently did Home and Garden trade shows in Atlanta, Charlotte and Charleston and most folks that visited our Booth never heard of the Peter Pepper. Those shows have been invaluable at getting our customers and future potential customers pulse beat. So we'll be ramping it up later this year and in 2013.

Anyway, what's the name of the next Worlds Hottest Pepper?
Not Saying.
dancingpepper.gif
icon_razz.gif
dancingpepper.gif
icon_razz.gif
dancingpepper.gif

Pepper Joe

What C. chinenses come from China, and how does his DNA testing tell him where they're from? I've only ever heard of YELLOW EMPEROR from China
What a train wreck this is going to be. The trinidad super hots originated in china?
Wow, just wow.

edit: VVVV I forgot that part, makes it all the more obvious it's a joke.

Its easy to create varieties but the real question is: are they stable or any good, and why brag about how many?
As for the Peter peppers, I can't believe people still buy these, and I bet most who do are dissapointed in looks and flavor like most members here.

Now $30000 to get into the Guiness book?? Come on, where did you find this B.S. We have members here and on other forums who had the record and I don't think it cost them a dime.

C'mon, why so serious POTAWIE?
Laugh mate, it's a joke!
Just someone laughing about how serious 'the hottest pepper' record is and renaming and making up varieties when they do*, and some big seed/pepper sellers aren't even hot, eg peter pepper, so chasing the hottest pepper record doesn't even matter so much for seed sellers.
Yet some take it as serious business and spend a lot of money trying to get the hottest chilli recognized.

*not going there and not inviting serious discussion on that topic in this thread, but it was part of the joke that's all. A lot could be said on that topic alone, including some directed at the OP directly, but in the spirit of humour, I'm just leaving that one alone.

im sorry but this whole pissing contest is WAY out of control! i understand that its about making a sale, but the true chiliheads of this site dont give 2 shits what pod is the WORLD record holder, we are hobby growers and are looking for the best flavor/heat combo. this is a ploy to rape the unknowing and i think its absurd. its hilarious that this has turned into who has a bigger dick! but we all dont care

pepper joe is my new hero. hilarious fishing expedition - and well played. I salute you, sir!
:dance: :dance: :dance:
I agree and pepperjoe comes off as a funny guy after this, but others are lacking a sense on humour. Why are so many people in the chilli world walking around with a stick up their ass? For most of us it's a hobby!

I agree and pepperjoe comes off as a funny guy after this, but others are lacking a sense on humour. Why are so many people in the chilli world walking around with a stick up their ass? For most of us it's a hobby!
if he was being funny he should hvae mentioned that somewhere in his post so that we know he was pulling a funny. b/c the way it came off to me was that he was plotting a way to rip people off by charging an arm and a leg for seeds and also having people go to his site and buy seeds, when most of us here know a SASBE is all we really have to pay for to get most of the seeds we need. so if it was funny should have mentioned that cause it came off as the complete opposite. its just lame at all the BS the chili world has come to with WORLD RECORD this and WORLD record that. my view is STFU grow and show us your plants and lets trade seeds. if you want to make a buck do it the right way and dont exploit the unknowing.

Wasting people's time is not funny in my opinion, and I'm pretty sure trolling is breaking forum rules if it is the case, and isn't this the second post about this?
I guess if the first half of the post is supposed to be funny then we shouldn't believe the second half either or anything else PepperJoe says. Not good for business in my opinion

Let me make a few things perfect clear.

I was repeating a few things from a business lunch on Friday with two guys that are partners in business....about the cost of getting into the Guinness Book and a Chemist/Chile enthusiast who said he's produced 600 varieties of Hot Peppers. I can't validate that.
Do I believe them? YES. I'm pretty good at seeing theough Bull----.
Plus, these guys had very successful carreers previously. Now they own a very successful company in the Hot Pepper Industry.
That has more credibility to me than just anybody tossing out an opinion. We all know what they say about opinions.
I'm going to visit their operation next month or two...I hope AFTER their pepper is recognized as the Worlds Hottest.
I'll post pictures here and information on my visit.

But we some people need to lighten up and chill.
I won't tolerate an attack on my character.
Spongey sez "the way it came off to me was that he was plotting a way to rip people off by charging an arm and a leg for seeds".
WTF? Other than the Super-Hots most of my seeds are priced at $3.99 or $2.99. My Super-Hots are priced in line with my competition. I am in business to make a profit. I just paid $27 for Morouga seeds. I know it's a rip off...but it's supply and demand. I paid it, so it's on me.
Potawie sez "We have members here and on other forums who had the record and I don't think it cost them a dime".
They didn't apply for the Guiness book of Worlds records so let's talk apples to apples.
Guinness is not a non-profit organization.
Although you could possibly get a listing for free.....the costs start to pile up when you get a "Record Adjudicator' or the "Fast track service". I clearly sensed these two guys were frustrated for what they perceived as an arduous process and high costs to bring their product validation by being in teh Guinness book.

Look, the spirit of this forum is to share and partner up. That's what I want to do. I thought I was sharing some news ahead of the curve. If it's my nature to be proud of my Company, I'm not going to apologize for that.
I have 33,000 Facebook Fans, 18,000 Newsletter subscribers and our continued Sales increases year to year say our customers are voting 'Yes'.

Look, let's make this simple.
If a few folks have a problem with this posts, email me directly at pepperjoe@sc.rr.com Or we can line up a phone call or in person meeting. We'll straighten it out without it becoming a negative. We don't need to clutter up this forum with trading blows.

Fiery Regards,
Pepper Joe
:dance: :dance: :P :dance: :P :dance: :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back