Hello from

Taking the chance to introduce myself. I got addicted to this site after stumbling across the growing section while figuring out how to overwinter my plants and kill the aphids.

My name is Nathan; I've lived here in the Southern Tier of NY for a little over a year now after moving here from Raleigh, NC. I got into pepper growing after seeing some seeds in the local big box stores and thinking to myself, "Hey, that might be fun."

Now, one year later and lots of $$ spent on indoor seed starting and growing supplies, I'm as hooked as a new seedling. This year I'll be trying out some new varieties and *hopefully* keeping up with my progress in the Glog section.

So, if you're interested in seeing an inexperienced gardener try to grow some peppers in an apartment in a Zone 5b climate, be sure to check it out.

Happy growing/eating. :-)

:welcome: Nathan! Dont let bad weather keep you and your plants out in the cold! Keep them nice and happy inside and stick your light right on them and they will be happy campers!!! I too am somewhat of a newbie, but hey my plants dont seem to mind lol. Good luck on your grow my friend!~

:welcome: Nathan! Dont let bad weather keep you and your plants out in the cold! Keep them nice and happy inside and stick your light right on them and they will be happy campers!!! I too am somewhat of a newbie, but hey my plants dont seem to mind lol. Good luck on your grow my friend!~

Thanks for the welcome, mega. Don't worry, they're in a closet with 3 floros and 2 heat pads to try to keep them warm until plant out (some time in late may). I've already experienced the problems with cold weather while trying to overwinter my plants from last year (all were in containers). I fought aphids and gnats, but I think it was ultimately the cold that killed most of them (I kept it at 65* most of the day). I've learned my lesson, and now it's always over 70. Not all was lost, because I still have 3 or the plants, which was more than I would have expected going into the project.

Thanks Guys!

Welcome to the forum, Nathan. Looking forward to watching
your grow story this season.

Back